CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Any time you have to prime something difficult or fill tiny spigots, it is really hard to beat a $6 dollar, cheap, garden sprayer from the hardware store with the tip clipped off and a hose clamped on..

Get Adobe Flash player

I like that.

They're good for all sorts of stuff. So are cheap plastic Walmart squirt bottles and "irrigation syringes".

Next time I need a pressure bleeder I'll make one of these from a pump sprayer:

http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed...eder/index.htm
    Last edited by farmall; 02-17-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Oh yeah.. Those work great. I have the Mityvac version of it and I love it.

https://www.tooltopia.com/mityvac-mv...saAteTEALw_wcB

With the ubiquitousness of ABS and the increasingly complicated plumbing they're doing with it, it is just about the only way you can bleed things single handed now. A lot of vehicles even require a scan tool to cycle the ABS block/motor AND and power bleeder of some kind.

It works great for priming just about anything, also. That constant couple of PSI fills cavities and chases air out. It is perfect.

A bunch of cars today have dinky little transmission dipsticks (Everything from the older Hondas and Toyotas, some of the Fords, and while there is usually a dedicated fill plug somewhere, it isn't always easily accessible. (The Hondas are terrible for this.) With the sprayer it is easy. Clamp a piece of 5/16th steel line on the end and fill it up with ATF, and run it right down the tiny little dipstick tube. It is even graduated so you can see how much you added.

Perfect! I think I gave 6 bucks for mine at the hardware store.

If you seal the bleed screw threads with grease, you might even be able to chase air out from the bottom side of the brakes with it..

I love it.. One of the best tools I ever bought, and it isn't even for cars.
    Last edited by confab; 02-18-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Share This