Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDHoover
    • Nov 2019

Strange Exhaust Sound

I just got this ‘03 883 running after sitting for several years. There is a strange whooping noise coming from one of the tail pipes. I’m not sure what to check first. I’m hoping you all can give it a listen and set me straight.

Thanks!

• Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

It sounds ok to me for that type of pipe.................. How does the bike do going down the road???????

Comment

• hillcat
      • Mar 2015

Maybe some sort of aftermarket baffle in there.

Comment

• MDHoover
        • Nov 2019

It seems to do ok on the road but I have not driven it much because the tires are old. The whoop noise only comes from one of the pipes so that got me a little weirded out. I took a video of the first time I started it up. Reviewing the video, I see some flame in the carb. She starts right up and the plugs look ok. They are a tad black but not crusted up with carbon.

Comment

• Skjoll
          • Oct 2018

I wouldn't worry about it... it just sounds like something in the muffler or baffle, maybe a piece of whatever was used to bind the packing material around the baffle is flapping freely... sounds like the 'whoop' that butterfly valves on old compressors can make as the compressor slows to a stop.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;