CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Hybrid View

Default Settle a question for me

Moving an Evo Dyna Driveline into rigid frame

Do we need to swap the rubber mount Dyna for a softail transmission to make the 5speed work In a v-twin 51-1948 frame

I have an opinion. Was told by someone with a phone my opinion was not important. They knew.

So...

Is there a tranny plate for a 1995 Dyna 5speed to mount in a 4 speed rigid frame?

If you have a four speed frame, you will need a Softail transmission case and a transmission mount plate that will position it correctly in the frame. Paughco offers such a plate.

You will need a Softail inner primary to match the transmission case as well.

The last one of these swaps I have seen needed the transmission top cover cut and patch welded to clear the seat post in the frame.

Jim

You might want to run a open primary when using a V-T frame ...

Reason being the alignment between motor and trans is out in left field due to the motor mounts welded in at a tilt..
    Motor will be sitting in the frame tilted to the front with the front rocker box almost touching the frame legs and a huge gap between the rear rocker box to seat post ....

Also doesn't the Dyna trans case bolt to the rear of the motor case ... ???
    Last edited by Dragstews; 11-17-2019 at 1:36 PM.

So...

I was right!

There is no tranny plate to make a Dyna five speed bolt into a 4 speed frame!

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by MadRiverMoCo View Post
    So...

I was right!

There is no tranny plate to make a Dyna five speed bolt into a 4 speed frame!

Yes!
    In this case,

I actually hate being right. I did stop the parts from being ordered (and I’m not sure I wouldn’t have had whatever frame was ordered make a stop in Raritan with Mike47)

I told them there was no simple bolt up solution for the Dyna Evo. Softail Evo? Yep. Evo motor? Yep. Dyna Evo Drivetrain? I don’t think so, but I’d love to be wrong.

You can use a Softail tranny ...

Or a five in a four A/M case ...

Share This