CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default V Star 1100 Bobber

I'm not one to post a lot of stuff but felt like sharing my current build. It's a 2004 v star 1100 that I'm currently cutting up. Let me know what you think.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Tramp.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	98321

Right on! I had an '05 that I ended up cutting up a bit. Looks like shit, but it was a fun first bike.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yamaha V-Star.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	98322

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

You might want to check this out to save some money.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0N0s3jmUg

Here is two that I like. From the internet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1100 V Star Bobber.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	343.8 KB 
ID:	98334 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V Star 1100 Bobber.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	98336
    Last edited by Luky; 3 Weeks Ago at 2:12 PM.

Thanks. Dude, I dig your scoot. It looks good.

Thanks. I'll check the link. I don't know why there aren't more videos/people chopping up this bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph77 View Post
    Thanks. I'll check the link. I don't know why there aren't more videos/people chopping up this bike.
    Check out West Eagle . They are a Japanese parts supplier/builder (?), and they have a ton of parts for these bikes.

http://www.west-eagle.com/

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph77 View Post
    ... I don't know why there aren't more videos/people chopping up this bike.
    Considering how many people chop or transform their XVS650 you would think that it's bigger brother would get the same amount of 'love'.

Quote Originally Posted by Skjoll View Post
    Considering how many people chop or transform their XVS650 you would think that it's bigger brother would get the same amount of 'love'.
    Yeah, I always thought the same thing. I don't think as many 1100's were sold as the 650 though. I have no clue if that is even remotely true, but judging from the lack of 1100 builds, it makes sense. West Eagle is the only company I can think of that makes parts specifically for the 1100, but they don't have nearly as much as they do for the 650.

Mike

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Mwatson View Post
    Yeah, I always thought the same thing. I don't think as many 1100's were sold as the 650 though. I have no clue if that is even remotely true, but judging from the lack of 1100 builds, it makes sense. West Eagle is the only company I can think of that makes parts specifically for the 1100, but they don't have nearly as much as they do for the 650.

Mike
    West Eagle is very expensive. Just my opinion.

Get Adobe Flash player

The Yamaha V star 1100 is a great cruising bike. The reason there are not more 1100 chops is that the 1100's cost more and were bought by older men. There was no reason to chop it.
    It was very comfortable and maintenance free.
    The 650 was more affordable to younger men and so more got chopped, sold and modified and so more parts are available.

Many of the 1100 parts will fit on the Roadstar. For instance the handlebar components.

Quote Originally Posted by Luky View Post
    West Eagle is very expensive. Just my opinion.
    They are, which is a huge downside. But, if you're the only company making parts...lol. But yeah, for what it is, it is MASSIVELY expensive.

I had an XVS1100 and didn't like it as much as my 650. Of course I bought it used and paid the same price as I did for my 650. It was a perfectly fine motorcycle and more than capable of touring 2-up on but it wasn't as straight-forward and bare-bones simple as the 650... it had design differences that made it a little weird. Luckily it had a Baron's external oil filter kit fitted... no idea why Yamaha thought that having to loosen the exhaust in order to get to the oil filter was such a great idea.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Skjoll View Post
    I had an XVS1100 and didn't like it as much as my 650. Of course I bought it used and paid the same price as I did for my 650. It was a perfectly fine motorcycle and more than capable of touring 2-up on but it wasn't as straight-forward and bare-bones simple as the 650... it had design differences that made it a little weird. Luckily it had a Baron's external oil filter kit fitted... no idea why Yamaha thought that having to loosen the exhaust in order to get to the oil filter was such a great idea.
    Many companies need to let motorcycle people into the design dept to ride herd on the computer geeks.
    That 1100 had another stupid problem.. You needed a tool to get the tools out of the tool compartment.

My wife got a new Honda car. To change the headlight bulb the car had to be put on a lift and wheel removed so the mechanic could lift up a rubber fender flap to get the bulb out! Or do it by the book and remove parts of the front grill and fender. IT sure pissed me off. I took it to the dealer and had them put it on the lift to get the bulb out. I thought HONDA was smarter than that.

There are many other examples.
    Last edited by Luky; 1 Week Ago at 11:48 AM.

Share This