Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseph77
    • Mar 2017

V Star 1100 Bobber

I'm not one to post a lot of stuff but felt like sharing my current build. It's a 2004 v star 1100 that I'm currently cutting up. Let me know what you think.Click image for larger version

Name:	The Tramp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1345753
  • Mwatson
    • Apr 2019

Right on! I had an '05 that I ended up cutting up a bit. Looks like shit, but it was a fun first bike.Click image for larger version

Name:	Yamaha V-Star.jpg
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	1314156

Comment

• Luky
      • May 2018

You might want to check this out to save some money.
      A walk around of our Yamaha V-star 1100 from Blue Collar Bobbers!Check out the kit on our website at: http://goo.gl/DvZ90AThanks for Watching and Ride Safely!

Here is two that I like. From the internet.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1100 V Star Bobber.jpg
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	1314166 Click image for larger version

Name:	V Star 1100 Bobber.jpg
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1314168
      Last edited by Luky; 11-12-2019, 1:12 PM.

Comment

• Joseph77
        • Mar 2017

Thanks. Dude, I dig your scoot. It looks good.

Comment

• Joseph77
          • Mar 2017

Thanks. I'll check the link. I don't know why there aren't more videos/people chopping up this bike.

Comment

• Mwatson
            • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Joseph77
            Thanks. I'll check the link. I don't know why there aren't more videos/people chopping up this bike.
            Check out West Eagle . They are a Japanese parts supplier/builder (?), and they have a ton of parts for these bikes.

Mike

Comment

• Skjoll
              • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Joseph77
              ... I don't know why there aren't more videos/people chopping up this bike.
              Considering how many people chop or transform their XVS650 you would think that it's bigger brother would get the same amount of 'love'.

Comment

• Mwatson
                • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Skjoll
                Considering how many people chop or transform their XVS650 you would think that it's bigger brother would get the same amount of 'love'.
                Yeah, I always thought the same thing. I don't think as many 1100's were sold as the 650 though. I have no clue if that is even remotely true, but judging from the lack of 1100 builds, it makes sense. West Eagle is the only company I can think of that makes parts specifically for the 1100, but they don't have nearly as much as they do for the 650.

Mike

Comment

• Luky
                  • May 2018

Originally posted by Mwatson
                  Yeah, I always thought the same thing. I don't think as many 1100's were sold as the 650 though. I have no clue if that is even remotely true, but judging from the lack of 1100 builds, it makes sense. West Eagle is the only company I can think of that makes parts specifically for the 1100, but they don't have nearly as much as they do for the 650.

Mike
                  West Eagle is very expensive. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Luky
                    • May 2018

The Yamaha V star 1100 is a great cruising bike. The reason there are not more 1100 chops is that the 1100's cost more and were bought by older men. There was no reason to chop it.
                    It was very comfortable and maintenance free.
                    The 650 was more affordable to younger men and so more got chopped, sold and modified and so more parts are available.

Many of the 1100 parts will fit on the Roadstar. For instance the handlebar components.

Comment

• Mwatson
                      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Luky
                      West Eagle is very expensive. Just my opinion.
                      They are, which is a huge downside. But, if you're the only company making parts...lol. But yeah, for what it is, it is MASSIVELY expensive.

Comment

• Skjoll
                        • Oct 2018

I had an XVS1100 and didn't like it as much as my 650. Of course I bought it used and paid the same price as I did for my 650. It was a perfectly fine motorcycle and more than capable of touring 2-up on but it wasn't as straight-forward and bare-bones simple as the 650... it had design differences that made it a little weird. Luckily it had a Baron's external oil filter kit fitted... no idea why Yamaha thought that having to loosen the exhaust in order to get to the oil filter was such a great idea.

Comment

• Luky
                          • May 2018

Originally posted by Skjoll
                          I had an XVS1100 and didn't like it as much as my 650. Of course I bought it used and paid the same price as I did for my 650. It was a perfectly fine motorcycle and more than capable of touring 2-up on but it wasn't as straight-forward and bare-bones simple as the 650... it had design differences that made it a little weird. Luckily it had a Baron's external oil filter kit fitted... no idea why Yamaha thought that having to loosen the exhaust in order to get to the oil filter was such a great idea.
                          Many companies need to let motorcycle people into the design dept to ride herd on the computer geeks.
                          That 1100 had another stupid problem.. You needed a tool to get the tools out of the tool compartment.

My wife got a new Honda car. To change the headlight bulb the car had to be put on a lift and wheel removed so the mechanic could lift up a rubber fender flap to get the bulb out! Or do it by the book and remove parts of the front grill and fender. IT sure pissed me off. I took it to the dealer and had them put it on the lift to get the bulb out. I thought HONDA was smarter than that.

There are many other examples.
                          Last edited by Luky; 11-24-2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• TesticularCancer
                            • Feb 2015

looks decent. the seat may be alittle too flat to the frame. you might start to slide back too much while riding.

no a fan of the rear fender though.

Comment

• TheMainMuel
                              • Oct 2010

I love Yamahas. I have had both the 650 and the 1100. They are super dependable bikes. I love that they are air cooled and have triangulated swingarms with hidden shocks. They have potential. In my opinion, what limits then from being more popular for customizing is their backbones. They have the huge double backbones that you cant put a cool tank on without it looking weird. You have to cut out the double back bone and weld in a single tube backbone. This makes it look way better and also possible to mount any aftermarket tank you want.

I can see why it scares many people off, but it really shouldn't. All you need is to find a good welder that can do it for you. Preferably one that has worked on motorcycles before. The welder doesn't have to cut the neck out complete. He can leave the down tubes in tact and just cut out the backbone. A frame jig would be very helpful for this. I was able to find a guy in my city that did it for me for $250. I put a lot of miles on the bike afterwards and never had a problem.

Not trying to jack the thread here, but just wanted to show you what a difference it makes to swap out the backbone.Click image for larger version

Name:	Vingo.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1315223
                              Last edited by TheMainMuel; 01-22-2020, 1:52 AM. Reason: Forgot to attach picture

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;