Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mwatson
    • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Skjoll
    Maybe the discomfort on long distance rides was because the stick was getting driven deeper.
    No, that was the best part about it!!

Comment

• Mwatson
      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Pliers
      Its a public forum, don't be so sensitive
      Sensitive? No one is being sensitive bud. He gave his unsolicited opinion on aesthetics, so I gave my reply accordingly. I get that it's a public forum, and I get people are going to post whatever the fuck they want. But don't jump on a thread, and spout some bullshit opinion on a completely unrelated style of motorcycle. The original post was very specific. No where in it did I ask what people what they thought of the idea, or if they thought the Bolt was a good looking bike.

Way to contribute though!!

Comment

• Mwatson
        • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Luky
        I am looking at the photo of the white Yamaha Bolt.
        I agree with the original poster that its looks are not that appealing.
        The reason is that there is no beauty to it. It is very architectonic.
        The front of the frame down tubes are angle bends and could be rounded.
        Everything is black-flat black. If it was my motorcycle I would be trying to add some beauty
        to it.

Photo of the Yamaha Bolt:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]98194[/ATTACH]

Ok, The front end is ok buy what about a front wheel that is more beautiful.
        Maybe a chrome front wheel?

The side view of the gas tank has angles just like the frame. What about a tank without those flanges on the seams. More beauty.

Photo exhaust side:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]98195[/ATTACH]

I would want a side cover that looks smooth or with some style to it.
        I would try a chrome exhaust system "upgrade".

All that flat black on everything just makes it look like a cheap "Ratlike" rattle can
        paint job.
        And this goes for a lot of the Harleys too. Just a cheap look with all that flat black on everything. Maybe it is that post apocaliptic vibe?
        I'm not just throwing it in a hard tail frame and calling it a day. There will definitely be aesthetic changes made to the bike as well; a 21" chrome, spoked wheel is a must!! Like I said, I have an idea in my head of where I want to go, but what I want to do hinges on being able to have a hard tail frame made.

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Mwatson
          Sensitive? No one is being sensitive bud. He gave his unsolicited opinion on aesthetics, so I gave my reply accordingly. I get that it's a public forum, and I get people are going to post whatever the fuck they want. But don't jump on a thread, and spout some bullshit opinion on a completely unrelated style of motorcycle. The original post was very specific. No where in it did I ask what people what they thought of the idea, or if they thought the Bolt was a good looking bike.

Way to contribute though!!
          You would almost certainly get more help here with a better attitude. And yes, it was pretty clear in your reply to Farmall that your feelings were hurt. Due to it being a public forum, we can all write whatever we wish at any given time. Nobody has to follow your imaginary rules when replying, even if you were very specific about what you imagine them to be in your original post.

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Hasn't this fall weather been great for riding???????????

Way better than the hot ass summer that lasted 8 months.............. I'm not ready for the hot weather to return just yet...........

Comment

• Mwatson
              • Apr 2019

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer
              You would almost certainly get more help here with a better attitude. And yes, it was pretty clear in your reply to Farmall that your feelings were hurt. Due to it being a public forum, we can all write whatever we wish at any given time. Nobody has to follow your imaginary rules when replying, even if you were very specific about what you imagine them to be in your original post.
              No man, don't read too far into it. No one is upset over Farmall's response. Like I said, say whatever you want, but don't be pissed if I fire back. After all, it's a public forum? My responses up to his post we very polite.

Comment

• Mwatson
                • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Tattooo

Way better than the hot ass summer that lasted 8 months.............. I'm not ready for the hot weather to return just yet...........
                It's actually been great in the PNW. Far better than it has been in Ohio.

Comment

• Mwatson
                  • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Skjoll
                  My curiosity is now piqued. What didn't you like about it for long distance riding?
                  Mainly just the lack of top end power. It seems to struggle a bit above 80 mph. Other than that, given what type of bike it is, it really wasn't bad. But given a choice between that, and an Ultra Glide for another 1600 miles, I'd probably choose the Ultra Glide. lol

Comment

• Skjoll
                    • Oct 2018

Mainly just the lack of top end power. It seems to struggle a bit above 80 mph. Other than that, given what type of bike it is, it really wasn't bad. But given a choice between that, and an Ultra Glide for another 1600 miles, I'd probably choose the Ultra Glide. lol
                    Gotcha, that seems to be the common concern these days.

Originally posted by Tattooo

I'm with you there, summer is my least favorite season. That's why during the summer I try to go to the mountains or further north where weather is generally cooler.

Comment

• Mwatson
                      • Apr 2019

I want to take the chance to apologize to everyone for coming off as a dick. It was not meant to be that way, but sometimes sarcasm (my lack of proper punctuation) is hard to convey in text. So please, do take this as a sincere apology.

Now, back to hard tail frames. lol

Mike

Comment

• Luky
                        • May 2018

I'm not just throwing it in a hard tail frame and calling it a day. There will definitely be aesthetic changes made to the bike as well; a 21" chrome, spoked wheel is a must!! Like I said, I have an idea in my head of where I want to go, but what I want to do hinges on being able to have a hard tail frame made.
                        OK. I understand what you are trying to accomplish. Got it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;