Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mwatson
    • Apr 2019

Yamaha Bolt Hardtail Frame

Does anyone know of anyone making hardtail frames for the Yamaha Bolt? I messaged CycleoneMan to see if they are able to make one; hopefully they can.

Thanks in advance!!

Mike
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

what do you want to achieve with the hardtail? How radical do you want your machine to be?
    Maybe just build a hardtail and stick it on? then stretch front rails, rake it and add +32" Denver's springer? or Executive Choppers +40" Harman-Holland Internal spring girder?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P4HYKG7N3NCQHMQUEU6XAPHF6U.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1313973

Name:	7OQWCHMNJJHIHLEHDZNP6OZY4I.jpg
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	1313974

Name:	E5ALRVHCRJAZXO3J2LHCA7CTMM.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1313975

Name:	FEAZVAROXBDZNCYNISR6NKECEQ.jpg
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1313976

Name:	3DH2KH7RQNHP5LXZ2MFN3ACSJ4.jpg
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	1313977
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Luky
      • May 2018

Originally posted by Mwatson
      Does anyone know of anyone making hardtail frames for the Yamaha Bolt? I messaged CycleoneMan to see if they are able to make one; hopefully they can.

Thanks in advance!!

Mike
      That Yamaha Bolt frame structure looks good the way it is. To customize it i would work on other things.
      I would probably be looking to improve the gas tank design.

Comment

• Skjoll
        • Oct 2018

What look are you going for with your Bolt? Do you intend to build something like this?

Have you ridden a hard tail for any extended period?

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

Or a looong look like this '81 Shovel:

Name:	harley,1981 Looong -HD-shovel rigid Chopper.jpg
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	1314000
          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Mwatson
            • Apr 2019

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
            Or a looong look like this '81 Shovel:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98146[/ATTACH]
            Not quite that radical. I really like the stock angles on everything, so I'm not looking to change them, but I'm certainly open to suggestions. I really only want to hardtail the bike just to do something different. It was free, so I'm not entirely sure of the direction I want to go with it. I'm really just throwing out feelers, and following the advice of those that know FAR more than me.

Mike

Comment

• Mwatson
              • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Skjoll
              What look are you going for with your Bolt? Do you intend to build something like this?

Have you ridden a hard tail for any extended period?
              Something along the lines of this, but more of a late-60's early-70's vibe to it. And to answer your question about riding a hardtail: No, I have not ridden one for an extend amount of time. That said, I don't plan on taken any long trips on this bike. I did 1600 miles from Texas to Ohio on it, and that was enough to know even in stock form it's not a long distance cruiser. I'll save those trips for a different bike.
              Last edited by Mwatson; 11-06-2019, 9:35 AM.

Comment

• Skjoll
                • Oct 2018

... I did 1600 miles from Texas to Ohio on it, and that was enough to know even in stock form it's not a long distance cruiser...
                My curiosity is now piqued. What didn't you like about it for long distance riding?

Comment

• farmall
                  • Apr 2013

Hardtailing will look like ass with that frame (less so with a complete frame replacement) and of course ride like ass while failing to turn it into a Harley.

I agree with Luky (whose chop is proof other Yams can make great chops).

I strongly suggest either looking into a scrambler conversion (functional and looks right with that frame) or selling it and getting a motorcycle you actually want.

Chaparral Motorsports (Chap Moto) sets the standard for sales of Powersports and Motorcycle Gear, Parts and Accessories. Free Shipping over $49. Competitive Pricing. Hassle Free Returns. Rewards Program. Expert Customer Service.

Comment

• Mwatson
                    • Apr 2019

Originally posted by farmall
                    Hardtailing will look like ass with that frame (less so with a complete frame replacement) and of course ride like ass while failing to turn it into a Harley.

I agree with Luky (whose chop is proof other Yams can make great chops).

I strongly suggest either looking into a scrambler conversion (functional and looks right with that frame) or selling it and getting a motorcycle you actually want.

https://www.chapmoto.com/wp/wp-conte...15-fea2-01.jpg
                    Nothing constructive to add? Sounds about right for a forum.

I never planned on welding in a hard tail section, the plan was for a full frame swap. I even titled the thread "Yamaha Bolt Hardtail Frame." Hell, I may have mentioned it in the original post. So, that should take care of the looking like ass. I'm not sure how to make up for it not being a Harley. Guess I'll just have to be cool with a having a small dick.

Suggesting a scrambler build, though? That's pure shoe salesman shit homey: "Do you have these in a 10?" "Nope. But I have a completely different pair in a 10. Do you want those?"

Seriously though, I appreciate the help.

Comment

• Mwatson
                      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Luky
                      That Yamaha Bolt frame structure looks good the way it is. To customize it i would work on other things.
                      I would probably be looking to improve the gas tank design.
                      I agree, it's a great looking bike. I'm just throwing around ideas for now, but regardless of what happens, I'm going to fit a different tank.

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
                        • Sep 2013

I never planned on welding in a hard tail section, the plan was for a full frame swap. I even titled the thread "Yamaha Bolt Hardtail Frame." Hell, I may have mentioned it in the original post. So, that should take care of the looking like ass. I'm not sure how to make up for it not being a Harley. Guess I'll just have to be cool with a having a small dick.

Suggesting a scrambler build, though? That's pure shoe salesman shit homey: "Do you have these in a 10?" "Nope. But I have a completely different pair in a 10. Do you want those?"

It may not be what you want to hear, but there is nothing incorrect in what Farmall has written.

Comment

• Pliers
                          • Feb 2018

Its a public forum, don't be so sensitive

Comment

• Skjoll
                            • Oct 2018

Maybe the discomfort on long distance rides was because the stick was getting driven deeper.

Comment

• Luky
                              • May 2018

I am looking at the photo of the white Yamaha Bolt.
                              I agree with the original poster that its looks are not that appealing.
                              The reason is that there is no beauty to it. It is very architectonic.
                              The front of the frame down tubes are angle bends and could be rounded.
                              Everything is black-flat black. If it was my motorcycle I would be trying to add some beauty
                              to it.

Photo of the Yamaha Bolt:

Name:	3DH2KH7RQNHP5LXZ2MFN3ACSJ4.jpg
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1314035

Ok, The front end is ok buy what about a front wheel that is more beautiful.
                              Maybe a chrome front wheel?

The side view of the gas tank has angles just like the frame. What about a tank without those flanges on the seams. More beauty.

Photo exhaust side:

Name:	Unknown.jpeg
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	1314036

I would want a side cover that looks smooth or with some style to it.
                              I would try a chrome exhaust system "upgrade".

All that flat black on everything just makes it look like a cheap "Ratlike" rattle can
                              paint job.
                              And this goes for a lot of the Harleys too. Just a cheap look with all that flat black on everything. Maybe it is that post apocaliptic vibe?
                              Last edited by Luky; 11-08-2019, 9:52 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;