CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Yamaha Bolt Hardtail Frame

Does anyone know of anyone making hardtail frames for the Yamaha Bolt? I messaged CycleoneMan to see if they are able to make one; hopefully they can.

Thanks in advance!!

Mike

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

what do you want to achieve with the hardtail? How radical do you want your machine to be?
    Maybe just build a hardtail and stick it on? then stretch front rails, rake it and add +32" Denver's springer? or Executive Choppers +40" Harman-Holland Internal spring girder?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4HYKG7N3NCQHMQUEU6XAPHF6U.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	98119

Name:	7OQWCHMNJJHIHLEHDZNP6OZY4I.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	98120

Name:	E5ALRVHCRJAZXO3J2LHCA7CTMM.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	98121

Name:	FEAZVAROXBDZNCYNISR6NKECEQ.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	98122

Name:	3DH2KH7RQNHP5LXZ2MFN3ACSJ4.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	98123
    https://www.cycleworld.com/2013/03/0...t-look-review/

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Mwatson View Post
    Does anyone know of anyone making hardtail frames for the Yamaha Bolt? I messaged CycleoneMan to see if they are able to make one; hopefully they can.

Thanks in advance!!

Mike
    That Yamaha Bolt frame structure looks good the way it is. To customize it i would work on other things.
    I would probably be looking to improve the gas tank design.

What look are you going for with your Bolt? Do you intend to build something like this?

Have you ridden a hard tail for any extended period?

Get Adobe Flash player

Or a looong look like this '81 Shovel:

Name:	harley,1981 Looong -HD-shovel rigid Chopper.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	297.7 KB 
ID:	98146

Quote Originally Posted by TriNortchopz View Post
    Or a looong look like this '81 Shovel:

Name:	harley,1981 Looong -HD-shovel rigid Chopper.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	297.7 KB 
ID:	98146
    Not quite that radical. I really like the stock angles on everything, so I'm not looking to change them, but I'm certainly open to suggestions. I really only want to hardtail the bike just to do something different. It was free, so I'm not entirely sure of the direction I want to go with it. I'm really just throwing out feelers, and following the advice of those that know FAR more than me.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Skjoll View Post
    What look are you going for with your Bolt? Do you intend to build something like this?

Have you ridden a hard tail for any extended period?
    Something along the lines of this, but more of a late-60's early-70's vibe to it. And to answer your question about riding a hardtail: No, I have not ridden one for an extend amount of time. That said, I don't plan on taken any long trips on this bike. I did 1600 miles from Texas to Ohio on it, and that was enough to know even in stock form it's not a long distance cruiser. I'll save those trips for a different bike.
    Last edited by Mwatson; 11-06-2019 at 10:35 AM.

... I did 1600 miles from Texas to Ohio on it, and that was enough to know even in stock form it's not a long distance cruiser...
    My curiosity is now piqued. What didn't you like about it for long distance riding?

Get Adobe Flash player

Hardtailing will look like ass with that frame (less so with a complete frame replacement) and of course ride like ass while failing to turn it into a Harley.

I agree with Luky (whose chop is proof other Yams can make great chops).

I strongly suggest either looking into a scrambler conversion (functional and looks right with that frame) or selling it and getting a motorcycle you actually want.

https://www.chapmoto.com/wp/wp-conte...15-fea2-01.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Hardtailing will look like ass with that frame (less so with a complete frame replacement) and of course ride like ass while failing to turn it into a Harley.

I agree with Luky (whose chop is proof other Yams can make great chops).

I strongly suggest either looking into a scrambler conversion (functional and looks right with that frame) or selling it and getting a motorcycle you actually want.

https://www.chapmoto.com/wp/wp-conte...15-fea2-01.jpg
    Nothing constructive to add? Sounds about right for a forum.

I never planned on welding in a hard tail section, the plan was for a full frame swap. I even titled the thread "Yamaha Bolt Hardtail Frame." Hell, I may have mentioned it in the original post. So, that should take care of the looking like ass. I'm not sure how to make up for it not being a Harley. Guess I'll just have to be cool with a having a small dick.

Suggesting a scrambler build, though? That's pure shoe salesman shit homey: "Do you have these in a 10?" "Nope. But I have a completely different pair in a 10. Do you want those?"

Seriously though, I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Luky View Post
    That Yamaha Bolt frame structure looks good the way it is. To customize it i would work on other things.
    I would probably be looking to improve the gas tank design.
    I agree, it's a great looking bike. I'm just throwing around ideas for now, but regardless of what happens, I'm going to fit a different tank.

Get Adobe Flash player

I never planned on welding in a hard tail section, the plan was for a full frame swap. I even titled the thread "Yamaha Bolt Hardtail Frame." Hell, I may have mentioned it in the original post. So, that should take care of the looking like ass. I'm not sure how to make up for it not being a Harley. Guess I'll just have to be cool with a having a small dick.

Suggesting a scrambler build, though? That's pure shoe salesman shit homey: "Do you have these in a 10?" "Nope. But I have a completely different pair in a 10. Do you want those?"

It may not be what you want to hear, but there is nothing incorrect in what Farmall has written.

Its a public forum, don't be so sensitive

Maybe the discomfort on long distance rides was because the stick was getting driven deeper.

Get Adobe Flash player

I am looking at the photo of the white Yamaha Bolt.
    I agree with the original poster that its looks are not that appealing.
    The reason is that there is no beauty to it. It is very architectonic.
    The front of the frame down tubes are angle bends and could be rounded.
    Everything is black-flat black. If it was my motorcycle I would be trying to add some beauty
    to it.

Photo of the Yamaha Bolt:

Views:	54 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	98194

Ok, The front end is ok buy what about a front wheel that is more beautiful.
    Maybe a chrome front wheel?

The side view of the gas tank has angles just like the frame. What about a tank without those flanges on the seams. More beauty.

Photo exhaust side:

Name:	Unknown.jpeg 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	98195

I would want a side cover that looks smooth or with some style to it.
    I would try a chrome exhaust system "upgrade".

All that flat black on everything just makes it look like a cheap "Ratlike" rattle can
    paint job.
    And this goes for a lot of the Harleys too. Just a cheap look with all that flat black on everything. Maybe it is that post apocaliptic vibe?
    Last edited by Luky; 11-08-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skjoll View Post
    Maybe the discomfort on long distance rides was because the stick was getting driven deeper.
    No, that was the best part about it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pliers View Post
    Its a public forum, don't be so sensitive
    Sensitive? No one is being sensitive bud. He gave his unsolicited opinion on aesthetics, so I gave my reply accordingly. I get that it's a public forum, and I get people are going to post whatever the fuck they want. But don't jump on a thread, and spout some bullshit opinion on a completely unrelated style of motorcycle. The original post was very specific. No where in it did I ask what people what they thought of the idea, or if they thought the Bolt was a good looking bike.

Way to contribute though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luky View Post
    I am looking at the photo of the white Yamaha Bolt.
    I agree with the original poster that its looks are not that appealing.
    The reason is that there is no beauty to it. It is very architectonic.
    The front of the frame down tubes are angle bends and could be rounded.
    Everything is black-flat black. If it was my motorcycle I would be trying to add some beauty
    to it.

Photo of the Yamaha Bolt:

Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	98194

Ok, The front end is ok buy what about a front wheel that is more beautiful.
    Maybe a chrome front wheel?

The side view of the gas tank has angles just like the frame. What about a tank without those flanges on the seams. More beauty.

Photo exhaust side:

Name:	Unknown.jpeg 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	98195

I would want a side cover that looks smooth or with some style to it.
    I would try a chrome exhaust system "upgrade".

All that flat black on everything just makes it look like a cheap "Ratlike" rattle can
    paint job.
    And this goes for a lot of the Harleys too. Just a cheap look with all that flat black on everything. Maybe it is that post apocaliptic vibe?
    I'm not just throwing it in a hard tail frame and calling it a day. There will definitely be aesthetic changes made to the bike as well; a 21" chrome, spoked wheel is a must!! Like I said, I have an idea in my head of where I want to go, but what I want to do hinges on being able to have a hard tail frame made.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sensitive? No one is being sensitive bud. He gave his unsolicited opinion on aesthetics, so I gave my reply accordingly. I get that it's a public forum, and I get people are going to post whatever the fuck they want. But don't jump on a thread, and spout some bullshit opinion on a completely unrelated style of motorcycle. The original post was very specific. No where in it did I ask what people what they thought of the idea, or if they thought the Bolt was a good looking bike.

Way to contribute though!!
    You would almost certainly get more help here with a better attitude. And yes, it was pretty clear in your reply to Farmall that your feelings were hurt. Due to it being a public forum, we can all write whatever we wish at any given time. Nobody has to follow your imaginary rules when replying, even if you were very specific about what you imagine them to be in your original post.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hasn't this fall weather been great for riding???????????

Way better than the hot ass summer that lasted 8 months.............. I'm not ready for the hot weather to return just yet...........

Share This