Clear All
  • Hatchet54
    • Sep 2012

snow is one thing, but **** that

Comment

• metalheart28
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by BadMonkeyMW
      I do, but I also live in NC, so it doesn't get too bad most of the winter. At this point in my life though, I don't need to prove shit to anyone including myself. If it's below 35, I'm good, I'll drive my truck. I've frozen my ass off enough times over the years. We get enough warmer days throughout the winter that I'll ride on those days. Otherwise we tend to get a lot of shitty cold rain here in the winter so riding on those days isn't worth it one bit.
      This guy gets it!

Comment

• Hoghead
        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by metalheart28
        This guy gets it!
        He surely does! I got older and wiser fast in 1985 when a couple of my friends died on winter roads. We bought a bunch of tatty old large cars to get around after the funerals. Best of the bunch was a battered crusty old Pontiac Formula 400 and a scabby old Jag XJ6.

Comment

• FlipFlopSFFS
          • Jul 2015

I used to ride alot more in winter, but since I had a kid my ride time has decreased. I got a 74f f100 to cruise in with the kid, so I have been doing more wrenching than riding the last couple years in the winter. The f100 needs a new engine im afraid, so I will probably do a fair amount of riding this winter. I don't do ice though....

Comment

• Hoghead
            • Jun 2015

I'm still in the habit of buying used clunkers from a friends used car lot for winter. My latest cost me $900 and has lasted 50,000 miles so far. Those F100s are worth fixing. Years ago when my clunkers were American, anything that broke got fixed with secondhand stuff from the guys at the local USAF base here in the UK. Never rebuilt a V8 for myself. Modern cars-they break, I throw em away and get another.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;