CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Bottles should work very well. I finally tried riding with hand guards this year, it's a whole world of difference. Besides heated gear, hand warmers and mitts, the only thing I would recommend is a thin, thermal glove under whatever your main glove choice is. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Helly-Hansen-...638768&sr=8-10

They are a little pricey, but you won't regret the money spent. If you want to get real serious, the pants and shirt of the same material are incredible, but very costly. I'd say when it comes to staying warm, thermal underwear and shirts are about the most important part of your system. You don't need the Helly Hansen pants or shirt, any thermals should do there.

Sunday it hit 70F in the afternoon... this morning it was 17F with a dusting of snow... there was a slight change of riding attire. When the weather is so bonkers it reminds me of what being married was like.

Get Adobe Flash player

It looks like people are going to have plenty of Winter riding weather this and next year.............

Get Adobe Flash player

There may be a little ice on the Honda. it's just one of them things, just fuck it and ride.

Get Adobe Flash player

Honey I think I need gloves today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cold.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	98323

Get Adobe Flash player

snow is one thing, but **** that

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BadMonkeyMW View Post
    I do, but I also live in NC, so it doesn't get too bad most of the winter. At this point in my life though, I don't need to prove shit to anyone including myself. If it's below 35, I'm good, I'll drive my truck. I've frozen my ass off enough times over the years. We get enough warmer days throughout the winter that I'll ride on those days. Otherwise we tend to get a lot of shitty cold rain here in the winter so riding on those days isn't worth it one bit.
    This guy gets it!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by metalheart28 View Post
    This guy gets it!
    He surely does! I got older and wiser fast in 1985 when a couple of my friends died on winter roads. We bought a bunch of tatty old large cars to get around after the funerals. Best of the bunch was a battered crusty old Pontiac Formula 400 and a scabby old Jag XJ6.

Get Adobe Flash player

I used to ride alot more in winter, but since I had a kid my ride time has decreased. I got a 74f f100 to cruise in with the kid, so I have been doing more wrenching than riding the last couple years in the winter. The f100 needs a new engine im afraid, so I will probably do a fair amount of riding this winter. I don't do ice though....

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm still in the habit of buying used clunkers from a friends used car lot for winter. My latest cost me $900 and has lasted 50,000 miles so far. Those F100s are worth fixing. Years ago when my clunkers were American, anything that broke got fixed with secondhand stuff from the guys at the local USAF base here in the UK. Never rebuilt a V8 for myself. Modern cars-they break, I throw em away and get another.

Share This