Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Samkristoff
    • Jan 2019

Hey guys I need a little help. Going to ride through the this winter due to my shitty car situation. Does anyone have heated grips they would recommend? Or gloves? I felt like my fingers were going to fall off this morning.

Comment

• Skjoll
      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by KevinN
      ... Looks like me and SKJOLL are neighbors, I'm in Floyds Knobs, IN
      Yup, I'm in downtown Loo-Evil.

Comment

• JakeF
        • Sep 2019

Originally posted by Samkristoff
        Hey guys I need a little help. Going to ride through the this winter due to my shitty car situation. Does anyone have heated grips they would recommend? Or gloves? I felt like my fingers were going to fall off this morning.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	handwarmers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	1313934

Comment

• Samkristoff
          • Jan 2019

Serious question. Would you use those all winter? Or invest into something more than just a one time use? I have about a 40 minute ride into work.

Comment

• JakeF
            • Sep 2019

Google "battery heated gloves". There are some decent options there too. If you're wearing gloves, heat INSIDE the glove is going to be most effective I think.

Comment

• Samkristoff
              • Jan 2019

Yeah. That’s what I was thinking. But there are a lot of options, and the reviews are all over the place. One person says they are amazing another will say they suck. And most of them aren’t on a bike. I’m just curious if anyone here really loves a certain brand for a decent price.

Comment

• seaking
                • Jul 2013

How cold are we talking?
                My big tips: latex gloves and grocery bags for boots. Keep the moisture barrier out of your insulator. Ever see the inside of nice ski gloves? All latex. I like to wear the neoprene kind under mine, that way hot hands and 10 dollar POS walmart gloves are fine all day riding in 40 degrees.
                Also mittens. Farm and fleet sells out of leather outer mittens before xmas, wonder why. I catch shit at work for them all of the time but no one laughs when it's sub zero. Also, those hot-hands are only 5 bucks each big bag at walmart, not too bad.

Comment

• Samkristoff
                  • Jan 2019

Thanks for the tips I’ll definitely be trying this. Sounds affordable for me. I live in northeast Ohio. Akron . I’ll be riding everyday to and from work. Not sure if the hot hands will get expensive after a couple of months. Also it gets colder than 40. Today it was 30 out and my fingers were hurtin.
                  Last edited by Samkristoff; 11-01-2019, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                    • Oct 2016

My youngest is a rabid snow boarder and we get her a box of the hand warmers AND a box of the feet warmers from CostCo each year. I don't recall the price off the top of my head, but it is really good compared to anywhere else I have tried.

Some kind of wind breakers around the handlebars help the hands, I used cut up bleach bottles and hose clamps when I had to ride the bike to work everyday in the winter. Check out a product called DriBarz, I just saw them on the interweb

Comment

• Samkristoff
                      • Jan 2019

Hell yes. Thanks for the best idea ever. Was looking at fairings and they to expensive. I’m definitely cutting up some bottles tonight.

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
                        • Sep 2013

Bottles should work very well. I finally tried riding with hand guards this year, it's a whole world of difference. Besides heated gear, hand warmers and mitts, the only thing I would recommend is a thin, thermal glove under whatever your main glove choice is. Something like this:

They are a little pricey, but you won't regret the money spent. If you want to get real serious, the pants and shirt of the same material are incredible, but very costly. I'd say when it comes to staying warm, thermal underwear and shirts are about the most important part of your system. You don't need the Helly Hansen pants or shirt, any thermals should do there.

Comment

• Skjoll
                          • Oct 2018

Sunday it hit 70°F in the afternoon... this morning it was 17°F with a dusting of snow... there was a slight change of riding attire. When the weather is so bonkers it reminds me of what being married was like.

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

It looks like people are going to have plenty of Winter riding weather this and next year.............

Comment

• OleDirtyDoc
                              • Jul 2013

There may be a little ice on the Honda. it's just one of them things, just fuck it and ride.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                                • Oct 2016

Honey I think I need gloves today:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cold.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1314157

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse