Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by JBinNC
    No, not nearly enough amps to run an electric starter.

Jim
    LOL Yep it's like I said, He's looking for his quarter where the light is better rather than looking for it where he dropped it......

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

Generic key switches are about 15- 20 bucks online, or add a second toggle for the lighting so that can be off for starting and, importantly to leave the lighting circuit disconnected should ya need that for troubleshooting or to limp home if a charging problem occurs.

I love beater vehicles but I make damn sure they are reliable. When I get one someone else already fucked up it gets gone over thoroughly.

Note thelow speeed jet size when you swap mains. Ensure float height is correct per S&S instructions and the carb including accelerator pump is correctly adjusted.

Warning on small batteries! Low amps are very hard on electric motors and solenoid contacts because instead of rapidly spinning the motor they rotate it slower and generate a lot of heat. I use ordinary lead acid batteries most of the time.

Warning on Walmart batteries! They are cheap because they use less lead than non-shit batteries. They weaken and fail early,

Comment

• thrash89
        • Apr 2013

I don’t know what you’re talking about? I’m not trying to cut any corners...that’s the whole point of me asking questions and re-doing everything on the bike correctly. Like I said before, if it was mechanical I can do it on my own but electrical is not my strong point. Therefore, I asking questions to do it right. Soooooo

Comment

• JBinNC
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by thrash89
          I don’t know what you’re talking about? I’m not trying to cut any corners...that’s the whole point of me asking questions and re-doing everything on the bike correctly. Like I said before, if it was mechanical I can do it on my own but electrical is not my strong point. Therefore, I asking questions to do it right. Soooooo
          We are still here answering your questions. Carry on.

Jim

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

If you can doing it on your own do it.........

Asking questions is just fine........... But your not listening to what your being told............

But that's nothing new around here............

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

that’s the whole point of me asking questions and re-doing everything on the bike correctly.
              If your doing EVERYTHING correct as you say why isn't it running, and why won't you post pics of your bike or the parts I asked about??????????????

Comment

• farmall
                • Apr 2013

The battery and Walmart battery warnings are standard to prevent mistakes. Many folks don't know that stuff so if we let them know BEFORE they spend money, they don't waste their money.

Comment

• thrash89
                  • Apr 2013

What I’m in the process of doing is everything I’m being told what to do.... I’m being told to re-wire the bike correctly, change intake seals, test battery, test coil, and check carb. My bike is t starting because I’m still in the middle of re-wiring it and still have to put the carb on...you read the comments I specifically say that and say “will post updates” so far, farmall is the o lot who’s actually supplied me with useful information in detail. Which is appreciated by the way. So like I said, I WILL POST UPDATES WHEN MY BIKE IS READY AND BACK TOGETHER.

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

So like I said, I WILL POST UPDATES WHEN MY BIKE IS READY AND BACK TOGETHER.

Great, Hope it all goes well..............

Comment

• thrash89
                      • Apr 2013

UPDATE TIME! So after re wiring everything and putting my carb back on, I started my bike and it runs on both cylinders now and it sounds great! BUT, after letting it idle for a bit the front cylinder cut out again. So I’m not sure what’s happening.

Side notes: my battery measures 12.5 volts without load on it. When I try to start it, it jumps down to 3-5 volts. In order to start my bike, I had to hook a jumper box up to my battery. But it did run on both cylinders for a bit and sounded great. Then it cut out again.

Also, I do t know if any of you know much about the thunder heart ignitions but I noticed a red LED light that light up on the module. Not sure what that’s all about.

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

UPDATE TIME! So after re wiring everything and putting my carb back on, I started my bike and it runs on both cylinders now and it sounds great! BUT, after letting it idle for a bit the front cylinder cut out again. So I’m not sure what’s happening.

Side notes: my battery measures 12.5 volts without load on it. When I try to start it, it jumps down to 3-5 volts. In order to start my bike, I had to hook a jumper box up to my battery. But it did run on both cylinders for a bit and sounded great. Then it cut out again.
                        Your battery is SHIT, that's why I kept asking you to check it under a load......... but your not listening to peoples answers..........

Buy a quality battery and then see if it's charging...........

Keep on and you will burn up your ignition system and maybe even worse the entire bike.........
                        Last edited by Tattooo; 10-24-2019, 7:53 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                          • Sep 2012

Also, I do t know if any of you know much about the thunder heart ignitions but I noticed a red LED light that light up on the module. Not sure what that’s all about.
                          Really?????????? Wasn't it covered in the instructions that came with the ignition????????

Comment

• thrash89
                            • Apr 2013

Also, my spark plugs are a great shade of chocolate brown 👍🏻

Comment

• thrash89
                              • Apr 2013

I don’t know I wasn’t the one who installed it. The previous owner installed the ignition.

Comment

• Tattooo
                                • Sep 2012

I don’t know I wasn’t the one who installed it. The previous owner installed the ignition.
                                Did you bother goggling for the instructions????
                                Last edited by Tattooo; 10-24-2019, 7:59 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;