Clear All
  • shank1kole
    • Dec 2015

few more
    Attached Files

Comment

• shank1kole
      • Dec 2015

I got the parts ready for one more buff and then ship out to APE.Then touch up on return and finish.I am going to paint the oil pan as well as some small parts and polish the rest. I LIKE IT !
      Attached Files

Comment

• Hatchet54
        • Sep 2012

How could you not?!? That engine is CHERRY! I suddenly foresee my KZ750 rebuild becoming a lot more involved. LOL

Comment

• shank1kole
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Hatchet54
          How could you not?!? That engine is CHERRY! I suddenly foresee my KZ750 rebuild becoming a lot more involved. LOL
          Haha Thanks... half way through is regret, followed by 8 year old glee as it comes to a shine.

Comment

• shank1kole
            • Dec 2015

I torched and chemical stripped, scraped and repeated till I'm here.Close but still not done.I had to crank out the shop work cause I saw the storm coming so I can chop in peace.The kids have went through 10 gallons of fuel in the small engines since school is closed, told em to ride the horses this week and save the fuel! I bet a dirt bike and go kart need bearings replaced in two weeks if this keeps up.stay cool folks military standard is to stay busy in times of stress chop on, cause its good for you!
            Attached Files

Comment

• shank1kole
              • Dec 2015

The tub looks funny hanging in the wind.
              Attached Files

Comment

• shank1kole
                • Dec 2015

Trying to get the frame in primer this weekend, got lots of little spots to work on.
                Attached Files

Comment

• shank1kole
                  • Dec 2015

I decided to go a little further and do some solid steel molding to the frame and fix the fucked up neck from previous builder. I love knowing this thing will be stronger, safe, and wicked ass cool in my view.I had some 1 1/2''x 3/16'' plate that I welded into triangular shapes for the lower frame legs.I had some 1/2'' tubing and 3/16''x 4''x4''plates I used for the neck.Paper and old cardboard and tape to make templates.You just gotta commit to it and have some extra time.I have always wanted to sculpt a frame thats not a bodo joke, and nows my chance.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• shank1kole
                    • Dec 2015

After seeing a pic of the KZ police bike frames, I think I need to add at least one reinforcement across the front, near the foot control height.It is going to be a lot of staring at the frame tonight to pick this shape out.

Comment

• shank1kole
                      • Dec 2015

I'm closer, I think its looking more like a praying mantis now.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                        • Dec 2017

so good...kinda like the $6M dollar man; "better, stronger, faster, we can re-build it"...
                        If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                          • Dec 2017

Finally figured out the make of your girder, been searchin; this whole time; it was made by Santee, and has a "positive trail feature" to prevent flop

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kawasaki Z-1 900 chop trike (2).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	1317428

Click image for larger version

Name:	Santee girder with positive trail feature.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	1317429
                          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• shank1kole
                            • Dec 2015

Thank you Tri ! I have looked but I'm not as great as some at the computer google foo.I got close to priming, but I decided to add some springs and go to a 4 link on the swingarm. I'm almost done with the changes.pics tonight.

Comment

• shank1kole
                              • Dec 2015

Finally in primer, I will be applying the RAGE(body filler) to it tonight!.Work got busy along with home projects.It took another solid 20 hours of welding/grinding with final pieces glad its done-ish.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• shank1kole
                                • Dec 2015

I got some filler on, used a new quart of bondo for first round and then will use the rage for feather fill.I like to add some fiberglass resin to make my filler self level a little. I added about 2 OZ to the quart of bodo. I ended up going with a dual spring mount and single shock attached to the swingarm, it resembles the original servi-car look a little more.I have had to remake damn near every piece 3 times on this to get it just right.
                                Attached Files

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;