Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1956ford
    • May 2015

Originally posted by shank1kole
    I am getting a quote from Haulbikes. I have read the old posts and don't want to try eBay haul or whatever.I am thinking if the one way from florida to michigan is over $800, Fuck it I am gonna fly down and ride her home. I do think the trike is up for it. I got it cheap enough I don't want to pay a third for hauling it home. I know a 1200 mile haul on an untried, new to me ride is asking to break down, but I have been working crazy for three years to get my company up and running and I am thinking of a good 2-3 days and some risk taking, no job red line life is what I need.Hell I may enjoy a break down at this point.Really if its gonna break... its gonna break and I already bought it so I might as well fix it wether its in florida kentucky,michigan, just please god not in Ohio!
    just kidding Ohio brethren
    That is a nice looking trike. Good luck with your trip.

Comment

• hillcat
      • Mar 2015

Dang! This sounds like an adventure and what is better than an adventure?!
      Riding and if (knock wood) breaking down and renting a truck is a simple solution. Getting it in the truck may be another adventure though.
      Most of all I like your positive attitude. Life is short. You will remember your trip forever.
      Good luck.

Comment

• shank1kole
        • Dec 2015

Thanks, Hillcat
        I am not committed to anything yet, but .... leaning towards adventure trike trip 2019! HAHAHAHAHAHA my wife is still bitching about it aint coming in the basement theres no room for the bikes let alone a damn trike. hahahahahaha

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by shank1kole
          HAHAHAHAHAHA my wife is still bitching about it aint coming in the basement theres no room for the bikes let alone a damn trike. hahahahahaha
          LoL that sounds like my EX wife........ LOL

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

It's a Kawasaki. It should be fine. Do what TNC said except install a new battery instead of checking what's there because it may test good then shit the bed due to age. There's no reason not to and it protects the charging system vs. an old battery which can short due to sulfation or crumbs rattling loose while riding.

Bring or download a service manual and bookmark Kawasaki forums etc.
            Last edited by farmall; 10-27-2019, 6:22 PM.

Comment

• PeanutHead
              • Nov 2011

If you ride that beauty home, I'd LOVE to see/read about your trip.

Comment

• shank1kole
                • Dec 2015

I had to give in and ship it, I could not afford to take the time off.This is the busiest time of year for me and if it took 4-5 days for some reason I would be a month behind on jobs. Should be here by the 11th.I just hope the damn snow holds off for a couple rides !! Thanks for the info/interest everyone.Also the more I read about these inline 4 cylinders has me dreaming of a turbo on this.....one day.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                  • Dec 2017

I had to give in and ship it,
                  You said a plane ticket was $100...maybe one of the guys on here want to go on an adventure and ride it to you...then buy 'em a plane ticket home...after you fed and drinked 'em.
                  If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• farmall
                    • Apr 2013

I'd save a turbo for something expendable. He who makes his main ride a race bike walks often. However if you score another engine you could afford to frag one but everyone else did that thirty years ago which is why there are fewer donors.

You can also use a modern powerplant producing far more ponies and build another trike. The best way to go fast is start fast and used Hayabusas are affordable. If I went that route I'd use stock front suspension since all that cool old stuff is from an era of SLOW speeds by modern standards.

The people who pushed to outlaw three wheelers all those years ago really wouldn't have been happy to see this hybrid monster!

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                      • Dec 2017

Just for reference, this '81 Ironhead trike popped up today on Chopper Swap Meet fb site, $13,000:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ironhead trike chop, 1981, $13,000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	1313968
                      Custom trike. The Moonshiner Express fresh rebuild transmission and new seat, new wood work and new stereo in the whiskey barrel. $13k or possible trade!
                      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• shank1kole
                        • Dec 2015

I like the sign, but not that trike.I lean more towards EdRoth style. I got the trike for Way under his asking, but with the condition of it in pics/ video I was willing to take some risk on it for the price.I will know sunday/monday when it arrives! we may have snow by then, yup thats Michigan.

Comment

• Skjoll
                          • Oct 2018

... yup thats Michigan.
                          I know my place up near the top of the mitten is already covered in snow.

Comment

• shank1kole
                            • Dec 2015

Getting all of them in and put away here! Real Tight!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                              • Dec 2017

Hey, what's that looong Shovel...got more pics?

Comment

• shank1kole
                                • Dec 2015

I don't know if its allowed over here but I got a Crappy one, its from a while ago during moving around.Also tomorrow around 3-4 for delivery. so probably a few pics but won't get close ups and specs for a bit. Heres the shovel though for now.
                                Attached Files

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;