Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shank1kole
    • Dec 2015

I like a lot about that pan trike! That is the best version of the barrel I have seen done,its probably the velvety fur.I don't love the motorcycle fender x3 with fill panels or the barrel/keg.Im hoping my attempt looks as 1 build and not a trike with rear seat added. I may miss the mark but I feel on target right now. I have about 20 hrs of sanding into the inner and outer shell and you can't tell much difference from other layers of glass pics, sorry. I'm about to do my last fill/level on a few spots of glass and hopefully a coat of filler tomorrow.some new pics then.I ordered a undercut trans gears with billet 2nd to swap out for pulling the big tires into traffic.

Comment

• Hatchet54
      • Sep 2012

Posted in this thread months ago, just saw it again and came back.
      I'm impressed.
      Carry on.

Comment

• shank1kole
        • Dec 2015

I skimmed with some rage filler.In the pic is the hand scraper I use once the filler gets soft but is hardening to cut away the high spots, I like to remove the bulk this way then sand.one side covered-one side scraped and more on the board.I also received my undercut trans with billet 2nd from MRE racing.......heavy tires = lots O grab!
        Attached Files

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by shank1kole
          I like a lot about that pan trike! That is the best version of the barrel I have seen done,its probably the velvety fur.I don't love the motorcycle fender x3 with fill panels or the barrel/keg
          That shit puts the CG with passengers way too high. He took the easy way out which is fine in principle but he won't have to ride in the barrel. Your integrated body is much more of a piece. The barrel is just tacky '70s kitsch bar furniture which should have stayed at the bar.

Comment

• shank1kole
            • Dec 2015

Thank you Farmal for the non-fucked design compliment.I agree that most trike rears look like ad ons,so I went and focused attention away from the behemoth 4 cyl engine and directly to the rear. I lost my phone today (sorry no pics again).I did however get plumb sick of sanding this fucking tub! Now that its ready for primer except two touch ups already dry, I totally feel it was worth it.I used about $60 in sand paper so far and $250 in resin and glass and I have enough to finish the rear seat pan.Im using epoxy primer on the tub as well the whole trike to keep the paint process the same on all parts.Hopefully in primer by Wednesday.

Comment

• shank1kole
              • Dec 2015

Well after some sanding, and more sanding I got it smoothed out enough to roll a coat of resin over the whole thing to help level. I feel it strengthens the bondo edges from popping (could be all woo-woo in my head).Had a long day but Im hoping to knock it down in a couple hours and hit it with some black epoxy primer tonight! I am hoping to use the primer as the base coat, then a metric shit ton of flake and Kandy! I may have to buck up for some black base coat but will try on a sample first.
              Attached Files

Comment

• shank1kole
                • Dec 2015

I taped the lights off with blue tape before mounting and then shimmed and tightened down,non fancy like.Then I smoothed a ring around the lights with filler.I let this harden for an hour or so then pulled the tail lights.They fit nice with the rubber gasket that came with them. I will need to drill a large hole in them to change the bulbs easily.
                Attached Files

Comment

• shank1kole
                  • Dec 2015

I have a few putty spots but the epoxy primer is on, and I am happy with how it looks.I couldn't help but jab two lights in.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                    • Dec 2017

wow, looks killer. nice work.
                    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Nanonevol
                      • Feb 2017

Amazing work. Bat-Trike!
                      -and you figured out the photos right side up thing.

Comment

• hillcat
                        • Mar 2015

Hoo-hoo! Sweet!

Comment

• shank1kole
                          • Dec 2015

Thanks for the compliments everyone.I owe the picture correction to one of Farmalls old post about moving pics off the photos or phone then they don't flippy dippy.I say it looks very batty indeed but wait till its covered in glitter, then it won't have that plastic dip look.Its going to be a long time thinking about what graphics/layouts for paint.There is a lot of lines both straight and swoopy.On color Im pretty sure blue, yellow, red candies with the old pink color for pinstriping over almost solid silver flake over black basecoat.I gotta figure out battery box.I plan to add a few frame reinforcements after blasting, to inspect all existing welds especially motor mount areas.

Comment

• shank1kole
                            • Dec 2015

I got the tub mounted solid. I then noticed while sitting and making vroom vroom sounds that the key was stabbing in my right leg so I cut a panel to recess the key and maybe a starter switch.I also wanted some straight lines on the tank so I made a flat panel to add on it. Frame is now ready I will be blasting frame/welding this week.engine removed.The top end looked clean we shall see inside tonight.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• farmall
                              • Apr 2013

Cool panel.

With filleted transitions (square transitions would clash with the rest of the body and tank) that will blend attractively.

Comment

• shank1kole
                                • Dec 2015

OH boy she is ugly inside, here comes a deep rebuild.It needs a lot of small APE perf parts, but now what size to go to ?
                                The turbo deal has stalled.I really wanted to turbo this,but if I want it on the road this spring I better hold that for another winter.
                                Attached Files

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;