Clear All
  • shank1kole
    • Dec 2015

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

• shank1kole
      • Dec 2015

Two more, I will get some more up tomorrow.Its fast.
      Attached Files

Comment

• hillcat
        • Mar 2015

That would be good but step back a few feet.
        The shovel looks great.

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by hillcat
          That would be good but step back a few feet.
          More like 15 to 20 feet............. LOL

Comment

• shank1kole
            • Dec 2015

Click image for larger version

Name:	7B2C3A6B-BEB6-424C-A85B-2B8BD74E1623.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1314169Click image for larger version

Name:	6D7B7D90-7758-4CC1-8906-307F63EAEE97.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1314170Haha, I know but all the good photos won’t load from my laptop. So I will try on the phone. I hope to get her inside this weekend.

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

I like that way better than the absurdly overdone and underpowered orange Sportster abortion. I think some people build that stuff to use up leftovers and make them as gaudy as possible for the show circuit.

Your Kawasaki has a far superior design and power-to-weight ratio along with a classic girder fork.

Comment

• shank1kole
                • Dec 2015

Yes, I think mine is more Ed Roth and less THUNDER DOME! It needs carbs clean, gaskets, lines and fasteners but man I love it, but now the wife wants it.
                Last edited by shank1kole; 11-12-2019, 6:52 PM. Reason: Miss spell

Comment

• Skjoll
                  • Oct 2018

Damn, that trike is the shit! That would be perfect for winter riding... still get the wind in your ushanka yet little risk of 'going ho' after hitting a patch of ice.

Comment

• shank1kole
                    • Dec 2015

Well this explains it having some PEP.vin says its a 74 900. same vin on cases but this sits atop..... HMMM? half Z1? but what else lies inside.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                      • Dec 2017

The 1000 (1015 cc at 70 mm bore, with same 66mm stroke as 900) was released in 1977.
                      The stock KZ1000 cylinder could be bored to 1075cc with a Wiseco kit...some have even stretched them to 1105, but walls get thin.
                      Last edited by TriNortchopz; 11-17-2019, 5:46 PM. Reason: m
                      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• shank1kole
                        • Dec 2015

I get the feeling this is already a lil hot rod just needs a winter of TLC to get that old feeling back. I definitely want to make a new airbox thinking of fiberglass over a foam mold with some K&N filtration molded in I don't think those shitty airpods are helping what its capable of. Needs Rewired etc.I hope we aint thin already! only time will tell.

Comment

• fastestz1
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by shank1kole
                          I had to give in and ship it, I could not afford to take the time off.This is the busiest time of year for me and if it took 4-5 days for some reason I would be a month behind on jobs. Should be here by the 11th.I just hope the damn snow holds off for a couple rides !! Thanks for the info/interest everyone.Also the more I read about these inline 4 cylinders has me dreaming of a turbo on this.....one day.
                          I could make that dream come true for you,,i have an original ATP turbo kit for kawi 900/1000's
                          let me kno if interested

Comment

• shank1kole
                            • Dec 2015

Im gonna get this girl fixed then see about the turbo.I am hoping to pull motor next week.Everything has just sat for 15 years with paint leaking all over fuck, and the electrical was like my work in fifth grade( twist -mash -twist- tape-vroom).I hope to keep some of the color on the tank but am leaning snowcaine flake with candy panels mostly everywhere. Maybe a small cab to help counterbalance in wheelies.Labeling removing and cleaning now. some pics as well
                            Attached Files

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                              • Dec 2017

Got some cleanup to do. Can see the engine number as Z1E, confirming the top case is Z1 900, and from your previous pics, topped with the KZ1000 cylinder. Can see the APE cam end caps, hhmmm, maybe APE cams and valve shim buckets too?
                              If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• farmall
                                • Apr 2013

Cabs are like giant drag chutes. My bro has a C-cab rat rod and I've no desire for those on anything faster than the early 1900s trucks they hail from. Their weight is high and they amplify noise. Cool on a T-bucket show car, highly questionable on a trike you may want to ride more than at slow speeds around the block.

It looks good without the fuel tank and shows off more of the engine, an even greater advantage if you add cool external speed parts.

If ya want to play with balancing remember weight and lever arm (weight distance from datum) are what get it done. (How to calculate light aircraft weight and balance is all over the internet but you probably don't need the math.)

The further forward of the rear axle the better and the denser the weight the smaller. For example a horizontal, removable (bolt to tabs) tube in front of or behind the lower exhaust pipes (or a small Moon style round tank that isn't a tank) could be filled with lead as a counterweight. (You could use a medical oxygen cylinder by bandsawing etc the end off after opening the valve to ensure the pressure is dumped, then cap as you see fit.) It's also good place to put fuel which is heavy so the lower the better. You don't have to run some tiny motorcycle tank or a conventional tank at all. Fuel Altered drag cars put the fuel in front of the radiator for the same reason.

If you're gonna have serious fun it would be wise to put wheelie bars on it or at least add good solid mounts for same. You could make it two position for ground clearance by using aircraft ball lock pins for one set of pivots, and you can spring load them for shock protection. Copy the car guys or get one from them is the easy way.
                                Last edited by farmall; 12-05-2019, 9:54 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;