CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well I am shocked, the tub is weighing in at 25Lbs right now, and I started to wonder what the original Black vinyl seat weighed that came on it. thats 3/4 ply monster seat is 58 lbs.I work from home(custom woodworking shop), so that really helps me to fit 15 min in here or there during the day for my projects. Then there are the days I get pissed and stop work and say TODAY WE CHOP!

Get Adobe Flash player

This is the back of the rear seat,also shows thickness of one mesh layer.I used the tyvek tape and it was a great, parts popped off nice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0481.jpg   IMG_0480.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

My wife and daughter are trying to claim this one. My wife is a middle school counselor , she wants to roll up to first day next year on this!She thinks it will help her reach out to "kids like me" haha.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0460.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks like she fits it...damn, guess you gonna have to ride that longfork shovel...

Found this Pan trike with a long Defiance girder which I thought was interesting:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trike, pan chop, long girder.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	99633

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by TriNortchopz View Post
    Looks like she fits it...damn, guess you gonna have to ride that longfork shovel...

Found this Pan trike with a long Defiance girder which I thought was interesting:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trike, pan chop, long girder.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	99633
    That's right up the road from me. Nice shop.

Get Adobe Flash player

I like a lot about that pan trike! That is the best version of the barrel I have seen done,its probably the velvety fur.I don't love the motorcycle fender x3 with fill panels or the barrel/keg.Im hoping my attempt looks as 1 build and not a trike with rear seat added. I may miss the mark but I feel on target right now. I have about 20 hrs of sanding into the inner and outer shell and you can't tell much difference from other layers of glass pics, sorry. I'm about to do my last fill/level on a few spots of glass and hopefully a coat of filler tomorrow.some new pics then.I ordered a undercut trans gears with billet 2nd to swap out for pulling the big tires into traffic.

Get Adobe Flash player

Posted in this thread months ago, just saw it again and came back.
    I'm impressed.
    Carry on.

Get Adobe Flash player

I skimmed with some rage filler.In the pic is the hand scraper I use once the filler gets soft but is hardening to cut away the high spots, I like to remove the bulk this way then sand.one side covered-one side scraped and more on the board.I also received my undercut trans with billet 2nd from MRE racing.......heavy tires = lots O grab!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0495.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by shank1kole View Post
    I like a lot about that pan trike! That is the best version of the barrel I have seen done,its probably the velvety fur.I don't love the motorcycle fender x3 with fill panels or the barrel/keg
    That shit puts the CG with passengers way too high. He took the easy way out which is fine in principle but he won't have to ride in the barrel. Your integrated body is much more of a piece. The barrel is just tacky '70s kitsch bar furniture which should have stayed at the bar.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thank you Farmal for the non-fucked design compliment.I agree that most trike rears look like ad ons,so I went and focused attention away from the behemoth 4 cyl engine and directly to the rear. I lost my phone today (sorry no pics again).I did however get plumb sick of sanding this fucking tub! Now that its ready for primer except two touch ups already dry, I totally feel it was worth it.I used about $60 in sand paper so far and $250 in resin and glass and I have enough to finish the rear seat pan.Im using epoxy primer on the tub as well the whole trike to keep the paint process the same on all parts.Hopefully in primer by Wednesday.

Share This