CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Very much not to my taste as it stands, but I agree about the “rainbow Indian” or two-tone, bath-tub Triumph style. Agree about the shape of the tank, I’d also go for shorter forks (particularly as they are external-spring type) - extended forks with wheel disc and 2LS brake looks unbalanced. It needs a striking exhaust, those upturned tulip style ones (like the orange bike) would serve. Maybe some sort of candy-flake, orange and cream colour?

A fringed saddle to go with the handlebar tassels?

I’d guess that it’s original paint job was pretty wild, perhaps the sort of pinstriping-over-metalflake that was popular on show bikes in the 70s.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Appreciate the feedback. I'm struggling with this one. Paint is "not done yet" but I'm happy with the light color (Wimbleton Whitte).
    I sourced the TLS brake for improved braking of course but I gotta agree with ya 45Brit. Could still go back to the original. I got carried away with acorn nuts. Found a kit with them for Triumph. Looks kinda...gay. Oh well.

Cripes we do have some art critics here don't we?!
    Last edited by Nanonevol; 1 Week Ago at 7:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanonevol View Post
    Appreciate the feedback. I'm struggling with this one. Paint is "not done yet" but I'm happy with the light color (Wimbleton Whitte).
    I sourced the TLS brake for improved braking of course but I gotta agree with ya 45Brit. Could still go back to the original. I got carried away with acorn nuts. Found a kit with them for Triumph. Looks kinda...gay. Oh well.

I don’t think the 2LS brake is a styling problem at all, in the context of the wheel discs and skirted fenders. I’d go for shorter forks and shrouds over the springs, preferably chrome - I think orange metal flake and chrome go well together. Maybe the frame and fenders the same colour?

I’d also ditch the dogbones, go for a retro look overall.

Agree about the acorn nuts, there is a place fir them but this bike isn’t it.
    Last edited by 45Brit; 1 Week Ago at 10:29 AM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Nanonevol View Post

Art critics?! Ha , ha! Been called a few things, but well... Best I start riding with 'Posturing Sodomites MC' now.
    What I like is craftsmanship , I often buy a part that's had some proper effort invested in it.

Share This