Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scoobydude
    • Sep 2016

Extended tibe dealers for kayaba?

I can only find that Frank's sells extended tubes for kayaba 35mm forks. They want almost 400bucks and I can't swing that. Does anyone know who else sells them? Looking for 8 over
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

There are a bunch on ebay, just not sure of the quality, with Frank's you know what you are getting.

Comment

• MOTher
      • Sep 2012

Custom Cycle Engineering. Not sure on price.

Comment

• Scoobydude
        • Sep 2016

Cce is about the same price. I see harddrive on eBay, has anyone tried tubes from these guys? Any horror storys from eBay tube retailers?

Comment

• Scoobydude
          • Sep 2016

So hard to pull that 400 dollar trigger. Never heard anything but praise from Frank's tho

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Scoobydude
            Cce is about the same price. I see harddrive on eBay, has anyone tried tubes from these guys? Any horror storys from eBay tube retailers?
            The chrome is shit on cheap tubes................. You get what you pay for this time..............

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
              • Sep 2013

Frank's may not be the cheapest, but they make a fantastic product. I bought a set of their 12 overs and couldn't be happier. Nice company to deal with as well.

Comment

• Skjoll
                • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Tattooo
                The chrome is shit on cheap tubes................. You get what you pay for this time..............
                I can attest to this and there are also other factors that come into play where less expensive fork tubes can fall short in quality. The two sets of 'bargain priced' 6+ tubes I installed caused an irritating clunking noise from my front end when hitting road imperfections... sounded exactly like loose head bearings. After putting several thousands of miles on both sets of tubes not only was the chrome marred more than it should have but the clunking noise that started from day one never went away despite taking the front end apart several times just to check myself, so I reverted back to the OEM tubes and the noise went away. After taking measurements of the second set of aftermarket tubes I found that the recess in the bottom portion of the tubes where the lower bushing goes was too deep so the bushing was never able to support the tube within the slider even with brand new bushings. The same went for the orifice at the bottom of the tubes where the damping rod passes through and the fit of the damping rod's piston within the fork tube which was too sloppy even with brand new seals because the inside tube diameter was larger than OEM. All of this slop prevented true and smooth fork travel.

Some people might say that the retailer I bought the tubes from did their due diligence because they sent me a replacement set of tubes free of charge however all I see is that the retailer doesn't have a clue that quality control can be an issue nor did they ever question the quality of the product they received from their vendor because the replacement set of tubes they sent me arrived with a visual flaw and the box they were shipped in with the manufacturer's logo on it was factory sealed so the retailer never even inspected the tubes. That just let's me know they're either clueless about quality control or don't really give a shit.

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
                  • Sep 2013

Skjoll, I met a kid the other day that was talking about getting 6 overs. I figured he was probably talking about those off shore tubes and warned him about what happened to you. Pointed him to the forum here and your thread. Quite an eye opening report. Thanks again for writing it all up so nicely, and including photos.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;