Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hatchet54
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Pliers
    Calbrite.com, although, i should add: if you have 1.75 pipes and you use a trade size conduit product you'll have to get 2" greenfield (flex, corrugated conduit,etc). The problem here is that conduit is measured I.D. so the the O.D
    Will be prob at 2.5 which may be too big and/or look weird.

You might check metric sizes to get closer to the pipe....good luck, post what you end up doing
    Great advice. Thanks man, I might call them today.
    I wish I could just email one of these Harley sellers and just be like "look, the jig's up, I know you guys are paying .86 cents a foot for this stuff, now tell me who you bought it from"

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Hatchet54
      I wish I could just email one of these Harley sellers and just be like "look, the jig's up, I know you guys are paying .86 cents a foot for this stuff, now tell me who you bought it from"
      Why would they cut their own throat? If they found it so can you and getting good at using industrial suppliers is worth much more to your abilities than one easy conduit order!

Become an industrial supplier search monster. You will thank me later. It can also enhance your job. My last boss went from wondering why I was on the internet (finding deals for our tool room) to asking me to find shit for him.

If you need a visual you could carry a pipe to your local electrical supply house to visually compare exhaust OD to galvanized conduit ID even if they don't have stainless in stock, but they could order stainless from a supplier.

Comment

• tzienlee
        • Apr 2024

it isn't my bike Hatchet54, I found it on the net a few years ago,
        and like you put it on the back burner for a future build,...
        thinking of doing it to my shovel's shotgun drags,...

Comment

• Revelator
          • Aug 2009

What diameter are you looking for? I am an electrical contractor & I know I
          have some 2" aluminum flex in my shop down in so cal. It's new, but I've had it awhile
          so I guess it is really new old stock or NOS.
          I/m going back down to so cal in a couple of weeks (where the conduit is) so I can
          measure it if you are not in a rush to get it. I am guessing it is 2" id & about 2.5" od
          aluminum flex has a satin finish, but you could polish it and it would probably look
          pretty damn good. the next size down is 1.5" and that's going to be too small for harley exhaust.

Comment

• Revelator
            • Aug 2009

the larger size alum. flex conduit (2" and larger) is not cheap.

www.graybar.com/store/en/gb/aluminum-flexible-conduit-88272962#{Put-Up:Coil}&{Length:25 ft.}&{Material:Aluminum}&{Coil Reel Length:25 ft.}&{Trade Size:2 in.}

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

Aluminum would shed more heat if that matters.

Comment

• Bbqbiker
                • May 2015

Originally posted by Tattooo
                Hell those ain't anything special they have been around forever.......

I had an older used set on the Dixie queen..............
                Can we all agree that tattoo has the nicest bikes on this site? Outstanding!

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Bbqbiker
                  Can we all agree that tattoo has the nicest bikes on this site? Outstanding!
                  Why thank you....... But there are many on here that are just as nice as many of mine......

Comment

• Revelator
                    • Aug 2009

that Dixie Queen is one sexy gal, no doubt.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;