This Clutch is Killing Me (Mousetrap vs Diaphragm on a Shovel)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by AliBabaBoomBap
    Yessir, that'll be my first solution. I'll prolly get around within a couple of months and let you know what solves it.
    Ok I can't help it, I gotta ask........ Why does it hurt your hand that doesn't make sense to me?????????? Something isn't set up right if it does.... Unless you have a handicap then I understand..........

Hell a clutch lever has NEVER bothered my hand or arm...... On any bike I have owned or ridden through the many years I've been riding....... It's way more than 10 years by the way.........

I wouldn't spend a dime until you find the problem that you have right now.........

Throwing money at it won't fix it unless your very lucky and buy the problem........ Well do you feel lucky?????????
    Last edited by Tattooo; 10-07-2019, 9:31 PM.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
      • Oct 2016

Well from my point of view.

1) Yes, if the clutch is setup properly a straight cable to clutch arm setup is usable, as long as you are not in a lot of stop and go traffic.

2) A mousetrap is not THAT hard to setup and is a life saver when in a lot of Stop and Go. Take the time to read the manual or watch a YouTube or two on doing it. It takes me a minute or two to do mine, pulling the derby cover is the most time consuming part of the job, lol.

3) Most of the time when folks have trouble setting up a mousetrap it is because the boost spring is worn and no longer supplies enough pull. If you can crank the adjustment all the way down and it does not hold the clutch in then the spring is worn.

4) They do look cool as hell in a retro way.

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
        4) They do look cool as hell in a retro way.
        Yes sir I love the look.............

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;