Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kboschphotos
    • Mar 2013

Cv on 48 panshovel

My bike now has a keihni butterfly carb it’s pretty beat up and bikes a pain to start i rebuilt most of it but still doesn’t wanna run right takes forever to start ... got a cv laying around and heard they work great on panheads or panshovels anyone run one on there’s? Ss just out of budget right now and I got everything to slap cv on
    Last edited by kboschphotos; 10-05-2019, 11:30 AM.
  • Dragstews
    • Sep 2010

.../// https://www.hdforums.com/forum/shove...hovelhead.html \\\...

.... ^^ Good Read ^^ ....
    Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• JBinNC
      • Dec 2018

The CV works really well, but you have to get the low end jetting fat enough or you will not be happy with it. I like to start with the Keihin performance jetting kit for an evo big twin, as it has the jets you need, and a good needle for the application. I DO NOT like the Dynojet kits because the included emulsion tube won't emulsify, and the needles don't really work that well in CVs.
      From the Keihin kit you will want to use the .48 intermediate jet, and set the idle mix screw at 2 3/4 - 3 1/2 turns out, using that to trim off idle response. Start with the smallest of the main jets in the kit, and of course the included needle. You may have to shim the needle with one or more .020 (.5mm) Mikuni shims to get your low range fat enough. Depends a lot on your pipe and cam combo.

That's all I got.
      Jim

Comment

• Sky
        • Aug 2009

Do NOT drill the slide!
        You want the vacuum piston to react to vacuum
        Lighter spring maybe, but not likely

Comment

• kboschphotos
          • Mar 2013

Anyone sell a carb support? Pan bottom with 2 hole vertical intake on shovelhead top ?

Comment

• Dragstews
            • Sep 2010

VM Adapter Plate for CV Carburetors
            This plate allows installation of CV carburetors on Bendix and Keihin (butterfly) manifolds. Thereby you can use them on Knuckleheads, Panheads, Shovelheads, Sportster →1987 and Evo Big Twins →1989. Precisely CNC-machined from billet aluminum, with special O-ring. The adapter plate has a press-fit on the carburetor, optionally using a cold-weld compound. No other gaskets necessary.

Unfortunately, this press-fit cannot be reversed without damage to the parts. This may seem radical, but on the other hand it guarantees absolute tightness with careful execution, so no secondary air will influence the bike's performance in any negative way.

Last edited by Dragstews; 10-05-2019, 4:28 PM.
            Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• kboschphotos
              • Mar 2013

Sweet so with this I won’t need additional carb support bracket ? Was wondering if this would fit my manifold Click image for larger version

Name:	4BC704B7-340D-4A6C-B45C-29DE6DE14A62.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	1313429

Comment

• Vinson
                • Jun 2012

I used a press fit adapter style adapter like the one pictured above to convert a CV for use on my 80" shovel. Picked up a cheap carb support off of eBay and a "tite seal" kit from FNA (no more intake leaks).

Set up at 48/185, 2.5 turns out, sporty needle, stock slide and spring. I'm currently running shitty open pipes and it still pulls down the road real nice, easy starts too.

Comment

• kboschphotos
                  • Mar 2013

Exact set up I got the fna seals

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;