X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimmyC92
    • Oct 2013

1992 Sportster | First build!

Welcome to my build thread!

I did a deal for the bike as a basket case with a friend of mine who got it and lost interest. Seeing an opportunity to build my own bike I snapped it up.

I’ve always liked Sporty bobbers and the idea of having my own bike that’s the result of my own design, nothing too radical or special for that matter, but was exactly what I wanted. It is still a work in progress, but hopefully I’ll keep this updated kind of as I go.

Unfortunately I can’t weld for toffee, so I owe my thanks to the friends I’ll be pestering to weld bits up, but I’ll be doing as much of it as I can myself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC2A9A67-6289-41FD-B6B4-01CB21A4E713.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	1345656

This is how she’s sitting at the moment. The tank is a super skinny 1.6 gallon. Going to be grabbing some black engine paint, planning to leave the cam cover, primary cover and rockers polished, then when that’s dry throw the engine back into the frame and start from the back and work my way forward. A friend gave me a sprocket he ended up not using as it wasn’t chrome, need to dig out a rear brake and measure up for some spacers.

I’ve managed to scoop up a rear fender for a steal off the chopswap page on Instagram, once I’ve got the back wheel settled in I’ll be measuring up for the mounting tabs for that.

All in all I’m looking forward to getting stuck in. Probably do a bit more tinkering later 🍻
  • ryan7green
    • Jan 2019

how did this go mate? not far from you in the uk

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
      • Apr 2010

Kewl, have at it.
      Enjoy, it's not rocket science so juts use common sense.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...