CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 1992 Sportster | First build!

Welcome to my build thread!

I did a deal for the bike as a basket case with a friend of mine who got it and lost interest. Seeing an opportunity to build my own bike I snapped it up.

Iíve always liked Sporty bobbers and the idea of having my own bike thatís the result of my own design, nothing too radical or special for that matter, but was exactly what I wanted. It is still a work in progress, but hopefully Iíll keep this updated kind of as I go.

Unfortunately I canít weld for toffee, so I owe my thanks to the friends Iíll be pestering to weld bits up, but Iíll be doing as much of it as I can myself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC2A9A67-6289-41FD-B6B4-01CB21A4E713.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	97407

This is how sheís sitting at the moment. The tank is a super skinny 1.6 gallon. Going to be grabbing some black engine paint, planning to leave the cam cover, primary cover and rockers polished, then when thatís dry throw the engine back into the frame and start from the back and work my way forward. A friend gave me a sprocket he ended up not using as it wasnít chrome, need to dig out a rear brake and measure up for some spacers.

Iíve managed to scoop up a rear fender for a steal off the chopswap page on Instagram, once Iíve got the back wheel settled in Iíll be measuring up for the mounting tabs for that.

All in all Iím looking forward to getting stuck in. Probably do a bit more tinkering later 🍻

how did this go mate? not far from you in the uk

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Kewl, have at it.
    Enjoy, it's not rocket science so juts use common sense.

Share This