Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Tattooo
    Here is another one that you shouldn't eat..............
    So we are now on the Phoenix leg of this trip and spent the day with my mom today. The conversation turned to some of the Polish dishes we cooked when I was a kid and eventually got around to dried mushrooms that we would have sent from Poland.

It seems that the classic test of a mushroom was to put a silver dollar in the water when hydrating them, if the dollar turned black they were inedible. Well I checked the interweb and the articles I read said this was an old wifes table and NOT a valid test.

Considering the amount of shrooms I ate as a kid it is Damn amazing I lived to be an old man! ! !

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
      It seems that the classic test of a mushroom was to put a silver dollar in the water when hydrating them, if the dollar turned black they were inedible. Well I checked the interweb and the articles I read said this was an old wifes table and NOT a valid test.
      Yea that wouldn't work plus I don't eat dehydrated mushrooms......But they are usually ok......

I like to know what I'm eating...... Doing a spore print is one of the best test on fresh if you don't know what it is.....

Comment

• Hoghead
        • Jun 2015

Here is a driad saddle that I found, It taste just like steak..... Q you would really like it...........
        Wow-we have those in the UK- called Dryad's Saddle here. They are rated as good eating , but only early in the season (which ends in August )

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Hoghead
          Wow-we have those in the UK- called Dryad's Saddle here. They are rated as good eating , but only early in the season (which ends in August )
          LOL Yea it's the same, I was spelling from memory.......... That is an old pic I took about a year ago...... It's been so dry here I have found very few this summer.

Comment

• Hoghead
            • Jun 2015

LOL Yea it's the same, I was spelling from memory.......... That is an old pic I took about a year ago...... It's been so dry here I have found very few this summer.
            Sorry man , wasn't bitching about spelling. Only recently found out what a dryad was! If they've been sitting on them I don't know what it adds to the flavor!

Click image for larger version

Name:	dryad2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1313428

Comment

• Mudguts
              • Oct 2018

Your mom

Comment

• datadavid
                • Oct 2014

Name:	15708922796455323566169949032039.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	1313552 tonights dinner, might see a dryad or two

Comment

• hillcat
                  • Mar 2015

The last time I did mushrooms (30 yrs. ago!) my friend steeped 'em in hot water like a teabag with a saucer over the top of the cup.
                  Drank it after 5 or 10 mins. then went and sat on a riverbank, watched the river go by and ducks laughing at us.
                  That was a good one.

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by datadavid
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]97577[/ATTACH] tonights dinner, might see a dryad or two
                    I don't know what those are??????? They look a little like our honey mushrooms...... kinda.............

Comment

• datadavid
                      • Oct 2014

I don't know what those are??????? They look a little like our honey mushrooms...... kinda.............
                      Psilocybe semilanceata is the latin name, its one of the worlds most potent little psychoshrooms. Actually waiting until i have a few days off, prefer to be fresh and rested when i go space exploring ��

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

Psilocybe semilanceata is the latin name, its one of the worlds most potent little psychoshrooms. Actually waiting until i have a few days off, prefer to be fresh and rested when i go space exploring ��
                        Yea, After my post when I was walking through the woods one day, I remembered oh yea {little brown mushroom}.......

I don't bother with them....... I only collect the ones that are edible......

Enjoy???

Comment

• datadavid
                          • Oct 2014

Yea, After my post when I was walking through the woods one day, I remembered oh yea {little brown mushroom}.......

I don't bother with them....... I only collect the ones that are edible......

Enjoy???
                          Yea, i've tried them a few times now, only like 4-5 at a time. They are seriously potent little s.o.b's ! Got a bit trippy and giggly each time, with a bit of fluttering colors. And slept deep as hell with lots of funny dreams.

Comment

• Hoghead
                            • Jun 2015

Yea, i've tried them a few times now, only like 4-5 at a time. They are seriously potent little s.o.b's ! Got a bit trippy and giggly each time, with a bit of fluttering colors. And slept deep as hell with lots of funny dreams.
                            Dreaming of horny dryads?

Name:	dryad2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1314628

Comment

• Tattooo
                              • Sep 2012

LOL They don't call them little brown mushrooms for nothing.......

Comment

• datadavid
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Hoghead
                                Dreaming of horny dryads?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98876[/ATTACH]
                                Not too far from it, one dream included nazi mutants and a long past love interest(bit of a horny dryad) joining me in the search for the nazi lab in norway. Last part i remember was loading an old helicopter with firepower and heading up the norwegian mountains😅

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;