Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skjoll
    • Oct 2018

1976 cb500t

After about a year of communicating with a coworker I finally scored a barn-find over the weekend. Although this is a chopper site and I decided to not chop this one, thought it still was worth showing off.

It's completely stock, has a little over 6K miles on it, last registered in 1978 and the motor spins and even has clean looking oil in it. Carbs aren't bad, just need a cleaning, of course wiring terminals/connectors need attention and the front brake def needs a rebuild but I've resurrected plenty of these old iron calipers and mc's over the years with minimal cash outlay so this will be a fun project. Instead of paying ~$58 per paper element air filter I'll run pod filters beneath both inner and outer airbox covers so stock jetting should be OK.

This is not one of my favorite Honda twins (not a fan of 180° crank twins) but it'll be worth having as an original unrestored classic.

• Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Man that is a beautiful bike...... I've had Many of that era Honda's.......

Comment

• dowood1
      • May 2019

Yep gotta agree a nice looking bike . Had one myself many years ago, cool bike .
      But if I remember rightly they never caught on because of their “ torsion bar “ valve springs , but still a good looking bike

Comment

• Skjoll
        • Oct 2018

The torsion bar valve springs were just a carry-over from the original 1965 Black Bomber which eventually got a 5 speed gearbox and later was bored to make the 500T. The 500T didn't last long because Honda also offered a 550-4 (just a bored 500-4) at the same time for about the same price.

Originally posted by Tattooo
        Man that is a beautiful bike...... I've had Many of that era Honda's.......
        Originally posted by dowood1
        Yep gotta agree a nice looking bike...
        Thanx... admittedly it looks better in the pic than IRL... it was still wet and glossy because of the first of many washings... looks good from afar but far from good.
        Last edited by Skjoll; 10-02-2019, 6:20 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;