Weirdest BSA-Triumph custom I have ever seen. (Not mine)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dougtheinternetannoyance123
    • Apr 2012

Weirdest BSA-Triumph custom I have ever seen. (Not mine)

*** NOT MINE! I just saw it on CL, *** (slurp any photos while you can, who knows how long the ad will be up)

Either the builder is a mad genius, inhaled too many fumes from Solvol and lacquer thinner, or has an incredibly perverse sense of humor... I cant put my finger on it.

Appears to be built on a Plunger BSA frame, and some of the bolt ons and other bits are a bit puzzling. The Maggie is totally odd, looks like a fairbanks Morse run off the other end of the exhaust cam? Or just bolted on for show? Creative use of copper lines, Note the "We shall never surrender" on the tank. Rear of the pillion is another odd tank, reserve fuel? I am at a loss to understand the leather wrapped fold down bars on the handlebars,, for hand stands in a stunt and drill team ride?

" This is a 1949 BSA/Triumph with a 1978 750 motor and a 5-speed transmission. Have over $4,000 in motor and magneto alone. Has 3/4 race cam, is vapor blasted and polished and I have receipts. Also has new Dunlop tires and too many details to list. The bike has won many trophies but needs a few details to complete. It’s kept in a heated garage. Bike listed for $6,500 but will consider best reasonable offer or possibly a partial trade - ex: older Vespa 125 cc, Enfield EFI, Trophy 500 cc, Lamberetta, but it must be running for consideration. Happy to discuss."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click image for larger version

Name:	Triumphweirdness1GkJ_1200x900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	1345636Click image for larger version

Name:	Triumphweirdness2y_1200x900.jpg
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	1345637Click image for larger version

Name:	Triumphweirdness3I_1200x900.jpg
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1345638
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Cool stuff; that magneto is a Morris, supplied by Seven Sins Choppers:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Triumph unit Morris Magneto, LH drive, SsC.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1313353

Them extra handles look to be from a road race bicycle; good for a little extra action while your 'pillion rider' is sitting in front of you facing backward - yeehaw!

I think that copper coil is 'wiring harness' for a kill switch for the mag (you can see fuel line in behind the kill button below the tank) and used to hide the new Amal MKII carbs, same function as the strategic location of the oil filter on the other side.
    Last edited by TriNortchopz; 10-01-2019, 12:40 AM. Reason: stuff
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Truckedup
      • Jan 2013

A garbage truck with a magneto

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

A pile of expensive parts. Builder executed decently, styled and painted bizarrely, spent gobs of cash, and got an embarrassing result he wants rid of. The bare aluminum, idiotic undersized odd looking pillion tank and ultra-dysfunctional copper lines are particularly out of place along with the absurd headlight whose bucket he couldn't be bothered to paint to match.

I never understood the popularity of badly executed military themes. Either paint and appoint it so it looks the part or do something else because the way that was done defeats the purpose of doing it.

Note the "Brookland" plate instead of "Brooklands". What vintage Britbike or auto enthusiast doesn't know about that race track?

He bothers to get the plate wrong yet doesn't bother to install (VERY cool) Brooklands silencers (which Armours and others still offer).

$6500 is retarded. You can buy a decent Norton Commando for that.

Thanks for posting because it's hilarious!

Comment

• Tricky13
          • Mar 2017

Very strange build...and that most worrying thing i can see is that it looks like the oil return goes straight into the filter and the outlet straight to the rocker feed..

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;