Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmattsen
    • May 2015

anyone have any recommendations for the cheapist 9mm that wont blowup in my hand? il get somthing nicer later on when im not dirt poor but for now i just want somthing to keep in my nightstand just in case.

isnt there somwhere to buy used police guns? anybody know a good website?

Comment

• Lindy
      • Apr 2012

you can get some pretty good deals on Springfield XDs

Comment

• krb
        • Jun 2013

I agree with Lindy about the XD. I've seen some deals on used Glocks too.

For deals I keep an eye on gunbroker.com and have a good relationship with my local shop. Usually I can just let them know what I'm looking for and they get it for me within a few days.

Comment

• goofyfoot2001
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by DustyDave
          Lets get back to guns and off of politics. I personally believe that the NRAs politics will eventually cost me my guns but whatever my politics or yours they don't belong here. On topic I just bought a Taurus PT 1911, being left handed it's the only one I could find that I could carry cocked and locked. It's a way better gun than I was led to believe by the internet and magazines.
          Dusty
          Have a para ordnance 7.1 LDA 1911 which is double action. I wouldn't want to carry anything with a cocked hammer. I don't carry 1911 simply becauese it's just too damn big.

Comment

• billybiltit
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by jmattsen
            anyone have any recommendations for the cheapist 9mm that wont blowup in my hand? il get somthing nicer later on when im not dirt poor but for now i just want somthing to keep in my nightstand just in case.

isnt there somwhere to buy used police guns? anybody know a good website?
            hard to beat these for cheap protection.me and my buddies have owned 3-4 simple effective and oh yeah cheep.
            good gun to just leave stashed on the bike too.keep .410's in it and just point and blast.

leon

Comment

• HedleyLamarr
              • Jun 2012

to anyone with a charged opinion on AKs....I've had a Romanian WASR 10 for several years now. Shoots great, I love it. But after deciding I like that platform more that ARs, I always told myself one day I'd get a nicer AK. Looks like prices of WASRs are doing well nowadays and I only have $350 in mine. Heard alotta good things about the Century Arms C39V2 which is reasonably priced and was thinking about selling the current gun and picking on of those up. But the more reviews and whatnot that I watch, lately I'm thinking to just keep the WASR and be happy with it. I ain't no competition shooter....it's really just a SHTF gun for me anyway. Thoughts?

Comment

• krb
                • Jun 2013

IMO, the WASR is better than the C39. The WASRs have gotten nicer in the past few years so you might want a newer model over what you have, but if you like the one you own then I'd say stick with it and spend any money on more ammo to feed it.

Comment

• Fr0zenbiker
                  • Jan 2014

Keep the wasr and buy ammo and mags

Comment

• zarco
                    • Mar 2014

Go big and buy more ammo, it never gets cheaper. I always buy a case for my AK 1 year ahead of the presidential election.

Comment

• CRFyou
                      • Mar 2010

This is a thread for radical gun shit.

If some Euros want to denigrate our freedom because they traded theirs in for some refugees, then start another thread about it.

Here's my fucking badical recent builds. Got into my first AK after a ton of ARs...

These ARs are Vietnam era A1 parts.

This AK took fucking 8 hours to press, drill, rivet, headspace, etc... Jesus. Building an AK from a kit is a mission. In order to have a folding stock in CA, I had to add the barrel extension.

Comment

• montuckymatt
                        • Jan 2015

Is that an AKMS? Beautiful....

Comment

• CRFyou
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by montuckymatt
                          Is that an AKMS? Beautiful....
                          It's side-folding. My buddy built an under-folder which is the AKM-S at the same time as me.

A side folding stock can replace the wood fixed stock.

Here's some pics from the exact minute we finished ours and had functioning rifles.

Comment

• Grantman
                            • Aug 2012

Got all excited when i got home. UPS was dropping off a package! Wasn't what I've been waiting for DAMMIT! I sent 2 1911's off for trigger jobs. I don't mind playing around with a range toy, but these are carry guns and I wanted to be sure they were done right. I got both done cheaper than I could by a sear jig and triggers so I don't feel bad about the money, just damn I want my guns home!!!! I sent my Colt 1911 in 38 Super for a trigger job and Wilson Combat trigger and an 11 degree muzzle cut and a stainless Springfield Armory for just the Wilson Combat Trigger and trigger job so I can drop a 460 Rowland kit in it. Kit arrived, ammo arrived, even the damn brass arrived so I can start loading after I get some rounds downrange to see what I want to do with the handloads. I was going to wait til they got here and I could post some pics, but I just had to say something!

Comment

• HedleyLamarr
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by krb
                              IMO, the WASR is better than the C39. The WASRs have gotten nicer in the past few years so you might want a newer model over what you have, but if you like the one you own then I'd say stick with it and spend any money on more ammo to feed it.
                              Originally posted by Fr0zenbiker
                              Keep the wasr and buy ammo and mags
                              Originally posted by zarco
                              Go big and buy more ammo, it never gets cheaper. I always buy a case for my AK 1 year ahead of the presidential election.
                              appreciate the advice guys....that's what I'm thinking now too. Just got new gun fever there for a second

Comment

• cggorman
                                • Jan 2016

My dad was a FFL when I was growing up and my grandpa collected guns. Between them they had well over 1,000 firearms in their combined personal collection. Unfortunately, I married a woman that was a victim of severe childhood abuse including being held at gunpoint by one her mother's boyfriends. A police standoff ensued and was defused peacefully, but her radical opposition to guns prevented me from ever joining the ranks of gun ownership myself. Unfortunately, both of my collector family members dies while I was married and all the weapons were sold at auction so I couldn't benefit from their time collecting. However, I got divorced in '08 and the first thing I bought, before the paperwork was even signed, was a Springfield 1911 GI model. I knew I wanted to do a lot of custom work myself, so I intentionally chose a base model. I haven't had the money to get anything else since (bills, cars, bikes etc. have taken priority) but I'm starting to consider building myself an AR from a 80% lower and I'd also like to do a bullpup conversion of shotgun. There has also got to a 9mm handgun in my future too. Not sure what yet. It's a ways out, obviously.

Anyway, here is the 1911 as delivered (plain-jane, parkerized):

Here it is after I basically completely rebuilt it. Tightened the slide, completely new hand-fit trigger group - 4 lb pull, hammer, springs, grip, sights (I did the machine work), beavertail - hand fit/blended by me, hand fit/blended the slide and frame, tuned the extractor and ejector, lowered and flared the ejection port, cerakote (also by me), feed ramp, etc, etc. It's not flashy, but it's what I wanted and it's all my work. I'm not in love with the look of the Pachmeyer grips but they fit my hand well and make shooting a breeze. I have a couple other grip sets that I sometimes swap in for show-time with friends. Somewhat ironically, I suppose, I kinda prefer the original walnut checkers.

Last edited by cggorman; 02-18-2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;