Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hanrahan
    • Jul 2012

!967 T120 Chopper Value

I got this running again today. It took a new battery, fresh gas and two kicks. I rode it all around. The left-side brake is always a challenge. It ran great for what it is. I don't know if I'll ever sell it, but does anyone on here have an idea of its value? I have no clue.

Thanks
    Attached Files
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

They are worth what a bidder is willing to pay since art is subjective. The wheels, forks and frame work well together. The rear sheet metal decorative panel and tank design don't flow so that's not a sale plus in an era when people want classic lines. Customers are either conformist or want to change a bunch of stuff to make it their own.

Thanks for posting something unusual. Ride it and enjoy!

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Yep that's a real nice looking bike....... But I'm with farm what ever those decorative panels on the rear are they look odd and out of place.....

But it's your bike ride it anyway you like it.......

Comment

• tzienlee
        • Apr 2024

like with any bike out there, there's one or two things id change but not a lot,..
        here in England I would expect it to get about £6000-£7000 ($7500-$9000),...

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

It's got some nice parts; Hallcraft square-spoked wheels, weldon hardtail to a stock unit triumph ('63-'69) front section, looks like a GME coffin tank with a peaked gas cap, and that flame-cut girder -see them going for about $1K. Some rake in the neck would help it flow better. Condition of engine (looks like a TR6 with single carb) is a big factor in selling price - costs about $3K for a full rebuild at a shop. Value is what it is to you, sale price is what others will pay. Need to sell it?

Girder could be a Defiance:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Defiance flame-cut girder.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1313265

EME:

Name:	eme girder, flame cut, original ad.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1313266

or T&S Sales:

Name:	Teardrop girder, T&S Sales, original ad.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	1313267

Name:	Hallcraft ad showing small disc.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	303.3 KB
ID:	1313268

If engine is good, selling price would be about $4,500.
          Last edited by TriNortchopz; 09-23-2019, 1:46 AM. Reason: GME gas tank
          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• hanrahan
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
            It's got some nice parts; Hallcraft square-spoked wheels, weldon hardtail to a stock unit triumph ('63-'69) front section, a bit different coffin tank and that flame-cut girder -see them going for about $1K. Some rake in the neck would help it flow better. Condition of engine (looks like a TR6 with single carb) is a big factor in selling price - costs about $3K for a full rebuild at a shop. Value is what it is to you, sale price is what others will pay. Need to sell it?

Girder could be a Defiance:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]97175[/ATTACH]

EME:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]97176[/ATTACH]

or T&S Sales:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]97177[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97178[/ATTACH]

If engine is good, selling price would be about $4,500.
            Thanks for the information. I don't need to sell it, just starting to kick around the idea.

Comment

• Dougtheinternetannoyance123
              • Apr 2012

Its so goofy, It might appeal to someone to have the weirdest, funkiest time machine from the cocaine addled 1970s show circuit it might go for a lot. The bars, lights dog bones and that color! It screams late 70s Autorama show scene, or perhaps even early 1980s.

Some hipster in SoCal might want it to pose with, or maybe Tarantino might need it for his next flick. But Triumph choppers are a funny market, And if you build one, build it to your taste not for resale.
              $3500 to $4500 but I bookmark a lot of Triumphs on FeeBay and other sites and markets real soft right now.

Comment

• farmall
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by tzienlee
                like with any bike out there, there's one or two things id change but not a lot,..
                here in England I would expect it to get about £6000-£7000 ($7500-$9000),...
                This would be a good time for buyers to visit the US and fill shipping containers since everything in the UK goes for at least twice US prices. The UK market is driven by retirees with plenty of toy money and repatriation of Britbikes from the US is common. They won't be at it much longer but their wallets are full today. With what you know you could do nicely packing a couple of 40' High Cubes with vintage Brits and Harleys. Shovelheads in particular are cheap because the market is saturated, and Norton Commandos don't go for big money. You could make bank, pay for a fun vacation and keep whatever you fancy.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;