Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • datadavid
    • Oct 2014

Close call with a deer, goddamn

Had one of those little fuckers jump out in front of my chop this morning, grabbed the front brake and that big old 8" drum locked the front and i was sliding on the left footpeg before i knew what the fuck happened. Cool part is i some how wrestled the bike back up on the rubbers at speed and kept on rolling. Fuck me if i knew how i did it but my right foot feels like someone broke a 2x4 over it and the boot heel is trashed. Big toe is a nice shade of purple👍 that bionic chopper save had me laughing and cheering in the helmet all the way to work 😁Click image for larger version

Name:	img_20190917_074050.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	1345599
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Glad your ok.............. I played tag with a large Deer about 10 years ago..........No fun at all.............

Comment

• Hoghead
      • Jun 2015

Wow-awesome save , keeping it upright. At least it wasn't an Elk!

Comment

• klondikekid64
        • Nov 2013

We live in a remi rural area close to the city where most people fight to keep deer out of their yards and gardens, and the rest are idiots and feed the deer and the racoons, wich makes for makes for interesting/scary driving in the twighlight hours, lots of hits every year, when you see one most times there is more behind it. Hope that foot heals up quick, glad it wasn't worse,

Comment

• Dragstews
          • Sep 2010

Glad it was slight .... Being a Kentucky Boy seen many that wasn't ...
          Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• datadavid
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Hoghead
            Wow-awesome save , keeping it upright. At least it wasn't an Elk!
            Yea its just a bit bruised. Got a weird bruise on the inside of right knee as well, no idea how it happened.. Gonna get me a hunting rifle and join the local hunting team, those fucking deer will be steak! ��

Comment

• datadavid
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Dragstews

Glad it was slight .... Being a Kentucky Boy seen many that wasn't ...
              Hehe, thats a seriously sporty move. Holy fuck they are stupid! Good meat though.

Comment

• Hoghead
                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by datadavid
                Yea its just a bit bruised. Got a weird bruise on the inside of right knee as well, no idea how it happened.. Gonna get me a hunting rifle and join the local hunting team, those fucking deer will be steak! ��
                Ha -my late brother Egil used to own a swedish-made mauser- damn good rifle. The deer drink from the river outside my front door- I wouldn't have to leave the house to shoot them!

Comment

• datadavid
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Hoghead
                  Ha -my late brother Egil used to own a swedish-made mauser- damn good rifle. The deer drink from the river outside my front door- I wouldn't have to leave the house to shoot them!
                  Yea, they were the standard army issue rifles pre ww2, cheap and accurate.

Comment

• Hoghead
                    • Jun 2015

Yea, they were the standard army issue rifles pre ww2, cheap and accurate.
                    Egil knew about guns- I had a 12 gauge Mossberg pump that he loved so much I gave it to him eventually! We both once rode Triumphs, good to see yours being ridden. Take it steady on the way to work.

Comment

• doug123
                      • Aug 2016

Had one of those little fuckers jump out in front of my chop this morning, grabbed the front brake and that big old 8" drum locked the front and i was sliding on the left footpeg before i knew what the fuck happened. Cool part is i some how wrestled the bike back up on the rubbers at speed and kept on rolling. Fuck me if i knew how i did it but my right foot feels like someone broke a 2x4 over it and the boot heel is trashed. Big toe is a nice shade of purple�� that bionic chopper save had me laughing and cheering in the helmet all the way to work ��[ATTACH=CONFIG]97042[/ATTACH]
                      Yeah living in nova scotia I had one of those dumb fucks run into the side of my goldwing and I didt go down fucked up the bike some. Then one takes the front passenger corner off my camry I nust get it fixed and another takes it off again so all new lights fender and bumper then a bbear takes the drivers corner off. That one goes down back and another camry only to have a deer airborne meeting the middle of the windshield 400 dollars and a new windshield later a huge stone bruise latter I said fuck this and bought a truck. Never had a speck of trouble with critters on my harleys.LOUD PIPES. And yes the dumb deer all died

Comment

• datadavid
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by doug123
                        Yeah living in nova scotia I had one of those dumb fucks run into the side of my goldwing and I didt go down fucked up the bike some. Then one takes the front passenger corner off my camry I nust get it fixed and another takes it off again so all new lights fender and bumper then a bbear takes the drivers corner off. That one goes down back and another camry only to have a deer airborne meeting the middle of the windshield 400 dollars and a new windshield later a huge stone bruise latter I said fuck this and bought a truck. Never had a speck of trouble with critters on my harleys.LOUD PIPES. And yes the dumb deer all died
                        Nova scotia sounds like my kind of place!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;