Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeaChicken
    • Oct 2010

Lots of cool 800's out there. McCabes bike is in the Nov issue of the horse and it had a good write up. Cant wait til I get my bike done for next summer.

Comment

• NHMike
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by speedindoug25
      Your moto is awesome man, what was once a gross jap cruiser is a sick little moto now.
      Thanks man, I miss that bike.

Comment

• JuanCarlos
        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by SocialMisfit
        Juan Carlos, that 800 is SICK...I rigid strut mine to hardtail/lower it, but your bike is tits clean...
        Thank you, i ride mine on a strut for a few years. You got some cool stuff going on there

Comment

• SeaChicken
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by McCabesCustomLeather
          I was supposed to paint it this weekend, but doubt it's gonna happen, I've been sayin that for a year, but this weekend was really supposed to be it.

I want mid controls like Juans, that thing is rad.

^Did you use the tank mount bolt for the front of your seat pan? Thanks again fr the info social. I will post some pics when I get something worth posting done. I have been dragging ass with work and hunting season right now.

Comment

• SocialMisfit
            • Oct 2010

Thanx Juan....Sea, I mounted mine under the rear tank mount like the stock seat using a piece of .25" flat stock with a kick up to match the mount angle...good n snug..

Comment

• SeaChicken
              • Oct 2010

Thats what I was figuring on doing when I get a seat. I'm in the process of collecting scraps and parts for my build. I wont get anything done until I have the seat and fender both ready to throw on. For now I'm stripping everything off the front and tinkering with the wiring and battery box so I can clean up my bars.

Comment

• Bhowell
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by SeaChicken
                Thats what I was figuring on doing when I get a seat. I'm in the process of collecting scraps and parts for my build. I wont get anything done until I have the seat and fender both ready to throw on. For now I'm stripping everything off the front and tinkering with the wiring and battery box so I can clean up my bars.

I just did something similar. I bought some z bars from no school customs and moved my starter button and kill switch to the outside of the tool box for now and installed an internal throttle assembly and went to single cable. I can't really do anything else i Want until i Hardtail my frame

Comment

• SocialMisfit
                  • Oct 2010

Got rid of all the bar switches...starter button moved to speedo console, but will get moved when that goes away..running a single cable ol style "pop" throttle...only wires to the bars are for the brake switch...reclocked the banjo fitting to make the brake line run behind the bar if you look at it head on..just waiting for my seat to get back, no more bare seat pan..should be done tomorrow...

Comment

• davidabl
                    • Nov 2009

As to seat mounts, what i did sounds a little screwy, but looks ok, and lets the seat swing up if you need to get at the wiring. I took 2 seat hinges and welded them together in the 69 position. one is upside down, bolted down with the tank bolt, the other's right side up bolts to the seat.
                    Seat is a 1975 Lepera, off an '65 Ironhead somebody parted-out on Ebay.

Photobucket

Comment

• SeaChicken
                      • Oct 2010

Looks good.

Comment

• davidabl
                        • Nov 2009

Thanks. It's kind of ghetto fab (the perch at the back is a Simpson stair tread bracket) but it's almost as comfy as the factory sofa and it's somewhat adjustable, by sliding the hinges and flipping the back bracket. Best of all it really changes the profile of the bike--that open area behind the seat makes the bike much more like a vintage rigid.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Those 2 chrome plates on the bottom of the seat were the mounts for my factory front turnsignals.
                        Needed 'em to adapt from the narrower sportster rails to the wider vulcan frame. Might bolt on a
                        set of bullet running lites--like the ones some of the old H.D.'s had under the seat.

Comment

• knotwerk
                          • Apr 2010

Although not exactly the chop-cult style (or mine for that matter) Here's my buddy Matt's bike. He's Built a race truck and does fab work on the side... and decided to test his skills on a bike. So he tried to go a little crazy... Either way, with the jackshaft, wide tire, and LOW seat height it looks pretty cool while rolling and gets looks everywhere. And to his credit has been pretty builletproof. He plans a complete re-do this winter with tank and frame changes. This complete build took about 3 months.

the open ended pipe you see was a mate for a detachable passenger seat.

Last edited by knotwerk; 11-04-2010, 6:34 AM.

Comment

• SocialMisfit
                            • Oct 2010

Like you said, not my thing..but u can appreciate the fab work...

Got my seat done and back on the bike...
                            [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• davidabl
                              • Nov 2009

I certainly see what you mean about the clean lines you get when the rails line up with the top bar
                              on your swingarm.. To get some idea of what stance my Vulcan might have with that drop, I'd like
                              to know what size front wheel you've got, plus the length of the forks? I've got 16's both front & back,
                              and I assume you've got a 16 in back?

Comment

• SocialMisfit
                                • Oct 2010

Yeah 16" rear...21" front...think our forks are the same length...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;