1340 springer front end on a 1975 ironhead: opinions?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Draconus678
    • Aug 2018

1340 springer front end on a 1975 ironhead: opinions?

whats up guys ive got a 75 ironhead xlh that ive been restoring/ building into a bobber. i really want to throw a springer front end on it and i think it would be really awesome to throw a factory harley davidson front end off of an evo springer softail custom on my iron head. they are fairly cheap used and a lot more common than i thought. i know ill have to extend the neck on my bike to accomadate the springer and do some other changes but i what im really looking for is some opinions, or maybe someone thats done this mod before to give me some advice?

thanks
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Just need a kit like this:

Ironhead Sportster Neck Cup Conversion 7/8 inch to 1 inch

New neck cup set to convert 1952 - 1981 Harley-Davidson Sportsters to fit a wide variety of big twin and aftermarket front ends. No welding or machining work required. This kit converts old ball bearing XL cups for 7/8" stem front ends to 1" stem front ends with Timken bearings. Also compensates for neck height increase. Comes in raw steel with bearings and races. Made in the U.S.A.

Specializing in custom motorcycle parts and accessories for Chopper and Bobber motorcycles. Aftermarket parts for Harley Davidson Sportster, Triumph Bonneville, Yamaha XS 650 and many more. FREE SHIPPING ON ALL US ORDERS OVER $99!
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Draconus678
      they are fairly cheap used and a lot more common than i thought.
      How much does a nice one go for in your neck of the woods? I've only ever seen a handful for sale across Canada and they go for a fair bit. But, it is Canada.

Comment

• tomsoftail
        • Jul 2014

They ask for a lot more than they add actually sell for. The ones that are sold at swapmeets go for a little more than $1000. That is a good, complete FX. The FL FL go for a lot more. I prefer the 1992 and up. The earlier softail Springer have that elevated dirtbike fender.

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
          • Sep 2013

Yeah, that makes them a viable option for you guys then. They are a very nice front end. Up here, they are rare as hen's teeth, and for whatever reason, everyone you talk to is looking for one. I was too, for quite a few years. Finally picked one up at a swap meet for a good price. Normally, you could go to any of the cheaper American companies making one, and buy a brand new custom unit for less than an old Harley one.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;