Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdustin
    • Sep 2014

Xr1200 wheels on fxdb

Hello i have a 2013 fxdb. Put 10k miles on it this year. Last week put a new tire on the second one this year. Each time ive done that and checking my spokes they are all loose on the rear and each tire change ive had one broken spoke. I just want to be done with spokes. But research online is spoty at best. And the sure fire ways are very expensive. A set of sportster wheel that will no question fit are well ove a grand.

My question is ive found a set of xr1200 wheels. From my esearch they are 25mm axles like my dyna. Would i have any issues using a kit from TMF cycles to adapt a set of 13spoke wheels ro adapt the xr1200 wheela, the kit comes with spacers for the caliper offset, and spacers for the wheel.
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

I see the Sportster XR1200 (2009-2011) has a front rim at 18x3.0, with a 120/70-18 tire. The custom maximum rim size is 18x4.25, with a maximum tire size of 140/70-18. The Standard rear rim is 17x5.5, with a 180/55-17 tire while the custom maximum rim size is 17x6.25 with a maximum tire size of 200/55-17.

Not sure what the B is in your alfabet, but FXD (2006-2017) Standard model has a front 19x2.5 rim, with a 100/90-19 tire , while a custom maximum rim size is a 21x3.5 front rim with a maximum size of a 120/70-21 tire. The rear Standard is a 17x4.5 rim with a 160/70-17 tire, while the maximum custom sizes are a 18x5.5 rim with a 180/55-18 tire.

Don't have a clue if that is helpful, but just some interesting shit I found while lookin' around.

See more models of HD from that chart, and a tire fitment guide, plus a HD belt/pulley/rotor guide here:
    Wire wheels, polished stainless spokes, steel and aluminum rims, laced wheel, billet aluminum hub
    Last edited by TriNortchopz; 09-13-2019, 12:18 AM.
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

Did you ask TMF Cycles tech support? They show a contact page on Facebook.

If the axle diameter is correct you should be able to use nearly any wheel though you may need to make spacers (easy way is buy a length of machined spacer then cut to size).

Spokes are for show bikes and dirt bikes because tubes blow out and tubeless tend to leak slowly, besides the inevitable pitting on chrome rims and spokes. I totally agree with the swap on anything you ride often.

Comment

• sdustin
        • Sep 2014

I went ahead and ordered the wheels. I also ordered a axle spacer kit with like 14 different size spacers. Hopefully ths ones i need are there. Ill have to get a wheel installation kit cause the wheels have no ither parts in them. Hopefully it wont be too hard of a swap.

Harley sure dont make this wheel interchangeability easy at all.

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by sdustin
          Harley sure dont make this wheel interchangeability easy at all.

Why should they???????

That's why they call it custom...... You have to customize it to fit........

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

"Study hard, work easy", so that's how I learn anything to do with tech. Knowledge is power.

Theory of operation and math are relevant. If axle diameter is correct then what remains is centering the wheel (spacers or solid spacer stock and a way to cut them square and smooth) then lining up discs and calipers as required. I don't buy new mag wheels since used are plentiful and if I don't like the color I can powder coat.

Comment

• sdustin
              • Sep 2014

Got the rear wheel fitted up. Custom spacers and had to machine the offset on my pully down a half inch.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;