Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quadcambanga
    • Mar 2013

Evo sporty valve spring question

I have a 98 883/1200 kit was installed by the previous owner it has Screamin eagle dual plugged heads which I believe are the same as lightning heads. The valve springs have been upgraded and I need to locate a new Titanium retainer I am unsure of the company that made them I will try to post pics they are much larger then a stock retainer
    Attached Files
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

That is going to be tough to do. You should consider replacing the entire valve spring kit, there may be more fatigue/damage than you have noticed. There were so many kits offered at one time that finding one upper collar would be a real crap shoot.

Jim

Comment

• Sky
      • Aug 2009

Jim is right
      But if your on a budget...
      It's worth a shot to find your local independent shop and try to match your against their pile of used valve components. The longer the shops been around the more likely you'll find a match.

If you get a new spring set, consider beehive springs

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

A retainer of different weight won't be an issue as they are independent of each other. Steel isn't an issue unless you plan on high RPM use. If you wouldn't float stock valves then no big deal. If you ride like a madman, I'd replace the spring and keeper set.

Any idea how many miles are on those heads/springs? Also ask on the xlforum as they've MANY engine builders thus presumably many good scrounge piles.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;