Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • v3ko123
    • Apr 2024

21 inch conversion sportster

Hey, I'm building my 1991 sporty and I'm actually mad about looking for a 21 wheel conversion. If I will buy this wheel for example:http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/chrome...ts-harley.html is this one correct to use for a 1991 sportster 883? Or do I need 5/8 bearings? And what about spacers?
    Last edited by Guest; 09-08-2019, 4:43 AM.
  • Oxblood
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by v3ko123
    Hey, I'm building my 1991 sporty and I'm actually mad about looking for a 21 wheel conversion. If I will buy this wheel for example:http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/chrome...ts-harley.html is this one correct to use for a 1991 sportster 883? Or do I need 5/8 bearings? And what about spacers?
    I looked up the part number for a 1991 Sportster 883 front wheel bearing. According to the parts diagram it's a 9052 which is for a 3/4 axle. So it looks like you are off to the right start but if you want you can always pull your axle and mic it to double check. For wheel spacers buy a universal set like THIS and center things up. That wheel you posted is a spool with no brake, is that what you are looking for?

Comment

• v3ko123
      • Apr 2024

good, I found it on sportsterpedia that 1986-1999 had 3/4 99%. Thanks for a help and this link, and yes, I'm looking for a clean wheel for my vintage style look!

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Will a that year bike with the front brake removed pass inspection in Germany?

Comment

• Oxblood
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by farmall
          Will a that year bike with the front brake removed pass inspection in Germany?
          Good catch, looking around it looks like it may be more of an issue than the lack of brakes. From what I was reading the wheel itself would have to have TÜV approval which I doubt motoiron has gone through the process to obtain. But I'm no expert so I may be wrong.

Comment

• v3ko123
            • Apr 2024

You are both right I live in Germany but my motorcycle is registered in Poland where you can do whatcha want. In Germany we can't modify frame without TUV approved, you can't even change your brakes, light - everything has to have tuv approved.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by v3ko123
              I'm looking for a clean wheel for my vintage style look!
              What are your plans for the brake mounts on your front fork legs?

Comment

• v3ko123
                • Apr 2024

I'm going to shave my front fork legs.

Comment

• DRare
                  • Aug 2019

hey man did you ever figure out the axle spacing for your sporty? i'm in a bit of a pickle with my spacing. was curious what you got to work on yours. i'm doing the same front conversion and would be interested in how yours went together.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;