How much power can I get out of a bt evo reliably?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • West7
    • Jun 2019

How much power can I get out of a bt evo reliably?

I'm considering picking up a evo bike to cut up for my next project

How much power can I get out of one of these things reliably before finding the limits of stock parts and getting into diminishing returns?
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

Big twins '94 - '99 and five speed XLs will live a long time at 90 - 100 rwhp. Whether YOU can get that much out of them is another question.

Jim

Comment

• KevinN
      • May 2014

In the mid '90's I bought a head and cam package from Branch for my '95 Touring bike. They told me with the upped compression I had a 85 to 88 RWHP combo. It ran great and I rode it on several long trips from Indiana through Yellowstone and the west coast. I had a 42 Mikuni carburetor on it.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
        • Dec 2017

Performance info here:

The V-Twin Motorcycle Performance Guide is your source of information to build, tune and maintain high performance Harley-Davidson street and racing motorcycles. You will find the information needed for tuning, modification, preparation and maintenance for your Harley-Davidson motorcycle engine...For interests ranging from motorcycle drag racing, hot street performance or just getting the best possible performance from your current bike, V-Twin Motorcycle Performance Guide provides a reference guide and forum for your interests...information provided in the V-Twin Motorcycle Performance Guide covers engines made by Harley-Davidson and its clones. We have included information on the 1340 Evolution engine, Twin Cam 88, Twin Cam 95, Shovelhead 74, Shovelhead 80, Sportster Evolution, Sportster Ironhead, Sportster XR, and Buell.

Looking for the easy way to increase the horsepower of your big twin motorcycle? Making Power is your step-by-step guide to improve your horsepower and torque.

We have assembled three different Evolution engine performance packages that can be put together in a weekend.
        Build a 64 horsepower Stage 1 bike
        Build a 74 horsepower Stage 2 bike
        Build a 82 horsepower Stage 3 bike
        Build a 95 horsepower Stage 3 bike

If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• West7
          • Jun 2019

I got a little less than 130 to the tire out of my last evo sportster using hammer performance stuff I would think with more cubic inches that the bt would be capable of more power?

Is there anybody that builds max effort evo bts?

I was hoping for around the same 120ish horsepower as my last sportster at least if not more.
          Last edited by West7; 09-03-2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• SamHain
            • Apr 2024

Harder to spin a bigtwin at those rpms. Go aftermarket cases and big inches and you can get that.

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

How do you actually intend to ride the bike? In what RPM range do you want the power? How much are you willing to spend?

Best relatively cheap way to more HP is buy a clone chopper for the big crate engine (S&S preferred) and titled neck, not a stock Evo. Cut that up and you'll get more ponies than throwing away most of a stock Evo and have easily sellable leftovers.

If you live where there's winter that's a fine time to buy and will arrive soon leaving plenty of time for market research. More boomers quit riding every year and their toys go cheap.
              Last edited by farmall; 09-04-2019, 4:02 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;