Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Tattooo contributes plenty of info unlike some. Those wanting sugar coating can buy a donut.

Thank you!!!!!!!! Very well said........... LOL It's fucking hilarious as a matter of fact............

Comment

• Nanonevol
      • Feb 2017

You should change your name to Toadie.

Comment

• Hoghead
        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Nanonevol
        Now don't be restarting the War between the States on this fine summer day...On a brighter note- that's a very tidy sports car you have behind the bike on your avatar!

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

I find it amusing when a die hard JJ member comes over here on CC and calls someone names...... Since it's not allowed over on JJ they feel empowered and free...... LOL But in reality they have to go back to the world of the JJ Mods elite.....

Are you going to continue shitting on this thread or are you going to post something helpful??????
          Last edited by Tattooo; 08-25-2019, 9:22 AM.

Comment

• Sky
            • Aug 2009

Never had to take such drastic steps to remove the brass inlet stub...
            Simply clamp stub in bench vise and twist/pull the carb body. Easy peasy and no swarf in less than a minute.

I've even used vice grips while the carb was still hanging from the throttle cables. Although this is a practiced technique.

Put the new all brass inlet in the freezer first...
            You can now tap it in place while holding the carb in your other hand.

Keyboard bikers seem to be a thin skined crowd lately.
            My advice? Ignore the negativity and focus on the subject.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Sky

I sure hope so or at least go buy a donut like farm suggested....

Comment

• Nanonevol
                • Feb 2017

No, I don't have a lot of bike knowledge to impart. Not all of us here do, some come here to get it.
                But I am trying to offer something useful, a public service you might say. I'm done.
                Last thing I'm looking for is a pissing contest with...I'm done.

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

No, I don't have a lot of bike knowledge to impart. Not all of us here do, some come here to get it.
                  But I am trying to offer something useful, a public service you might say. I'm done.
                  Last thing I'm looking for is a pissing contest with...I'm done.

See that's where we differ, I do have a LOT of knowledge like several on here do and I don't mind sharing...... But I'm not one to hold someones hand while they figure something out....

Come back anytime to the land of the free when you have something helpful to say......

Have a good one....

Comment

• SamHain
                    • Apr 2024

Too bad JJ isn’t busy enough anymore to have useful threads turn into completely worthless bullshit. 3 posts a day, not much time for asking for pics, manuals, open ended question after question without answer and pissing matches.

I’m sure this info is probably on here somewhere as I’ve used it before. Lost in the sauce. Good method. I did have one spin a bit which wasn’t great for the bore, but didn’t notice any problems in the short time I held on to it.
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by SamHain
                      Too bad JJ isn’t busy enough to have useful threads turn into completely worthless bullshit.
                      I agree...... I really wish he had posted something useful to the thread before he left......

At one time JJ was the greatest bike forum on the net..... But no longer, I'd say it's real close to last place...... But there is a great deal of info on Build threads that's still there, but none of it was posted by a mod other than Jesse.........

Comment

• Skjoll
                        • Oct 2018

WTF is JJ?!!!

Comment

• farmall
                          • Apr 2013

Jockey Journal. It's pretty dead. Worth a look every few weeks but that's how its owners want it.

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Skjoll
                            WTF is JJ?!!!
                            Don't worry you haven't missed anything.......

Comment

• Tattooo
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by
                              Jockey Journal. It's pretty dead. Worth a look every few weeks but that's how its owners want it.
                              Yep that's a Canadian company that must want something to have a loss of income because they sure run it in the ground with there choices of Moderators..........
                              Last edited by Tattooo; 08-27-2019, 3:07 PM.

Comment

• Hoghead
                                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Sky
                                Never had to take such drastic steps to remove the brass inlet stub...
                                Simply clamp stub in bench vise and twist/pull the carb body. Easy peasy and no swarf in less than a minute.

I've even used vice grips while the carb was still hanging from the throttle cables. Although this is a practiced technique.

Put the new all brass inlet in the freezer first...
                                You can now tap it in place while holding the carb in your other hand.

S'funny- I was half way through making a tool for this when a friend (also the owner of the local Indy shop) took it off me and did the way you did.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;