CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Riding Lake Michigan Loop in early October (maybe that Thurs the 3rd or Fri 4th..)

Pretty simple. Gonna roll out in October (maybe Thurs or Fri the 4th?) from Milwaukee to do a Fall ride around Lake Michigan. I'm thinking Ferry to Muskegon one way (to avoid Chicago and Indiana) then go north and put on some mileage in the U.P. area then come back down Wisconsin back to Milwaukee. Figure 3 days of riding and hanging out. Looking for like-minded individuals who might wanna roll with or meet up along the way. I'll be rolling on a '79 Ironhead Hardtail Chopper. Any ideas and routes or must-sees in the Upper Peninsula would be appreciated...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8153.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	295.5 KB 
ID:	96467

Get Adobe Flash player

If you happen to be into knives, the Bark River shop is up that way. I believe DLT Trading is up there too, a massive shop selling most higher end knife brands. That is all I know about the upper peninsula. Have fun man!

Get Adobe Flash player

This sounds like a lot of fun, not sure what shape me or the Panhead will be in come October, but keep me in mind as time draws closer. Unfortunately I would be starting out in Chicago!

Get Adobe Flash player

If you don't mind a guy on a twincam I would be down for this. My shovel may not be ready to play. I live in Portage, WI.

Get Adobe Flash player

We had a blast, I wish I could join you but I've got a kid now, fun's over. We took the ferry but I'd like to make a case for Indiana/Michigan since most of this route is right on the lake. You might hate me however, once you cross the Michigan border the Red Arrow Hwy is hell on a rigid frame four about an hour.

I like to go through downtown Chicago and like the skyway although 294 is far faster. Get off at Gary US 20--this sound shitty, but there are strip clubs steel mills and beautiful state parks in Indiana, it's really great riding. Smooth roads.

Then it's all backroads (old hwy routes, not too many stoplights/small towns) to Manistee; North of Muskegon. 235 miles.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Gary...73!2m1!1b1!3e0

Good biker bar in Porter, IN (Minor Detour/take instead of Gary)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Le...!4d-87.0741977

Possible stops (I'm in St. Joseph, MI and you're welcome to camp in the backyard. Pretty sure the wife would be cool with that.)

Coloma KOA:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Co...!4d-86.3731575

My personal favorite, LAKESHORE INN, Manistee (old but clean rooms decent price usually vacancy)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...!4d-86.3429104

From Manistee YOU MUST skip the freeway and take M22 North. That route is mostly lakeshore.
    Last edited by seaking; 08-29-2019 at 9:51 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sounds great, thanks for the info!!

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks like I'm out, I have to be in Denver the first week of October and since I will be out that way will drop down to visit Mom in Phoenix the following week.

Enjoy!

Share This