Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackCloudSalvage
    • Jan 2015

The Side Pony - A Sportster For Backup

Just finished up a haifley bros hardtail sportster. 1994 frame with 2001 XL1200 motor. Put it together pretty quick trying to wrap up projects before outer first born arrives! I finished my long shovel project earlier this summer and had picked up a cheap sporty to ride while I finished it. I also had a hardtail I scored on Craigslist a while back so I figured I'd hustle and throw this together. My shovel is low and fat and I wanted a tall skinny bike to enjoy too. Key was having lots of parts already stored away in the shed so it went pretty smooth. Used lowbrow mantaray rear fender, some scratch and dent stainless bars from prism supply at their swap meet in Charlotte. Tc bros sissy bar. Made a seat and my wife upholstered it. Fabbed up a bracket and light mounts to hold dual headlights. Cut the rear pipe to add a little kicker. Used the extra length of slip on pipe from a fishtail i put on my shovel to cover and strengthen the joint then had my buddy braze them around. Ghetto spool 21" front wheel (stock with deleted rotor). Shaved lowers I had in the shed. Pretty simple. I always work on bikes but seems i always sell them quickly too and never have one when a cool ride or event pops. Or else im in the middle of a project and never get a chance to shoa off! Like everyone i always kick myself for selling stuff to and look at pics of old bikes and 😢. This year im gonna focus on family and enjoy riding more than wrenching hopefully and work on other fabrication projects id like to complete. Hopefully at least one of these bikes will be roadworthy at any given time. It's also be nice to let a buddy ride if visiting or something. Anyhow...here it is.

IMG-20190819-080418-849
    0818191829a
    0818191812d
    0818191812a
  • AlbertaFarmer
    • Sep 2013

That's a really good looking bike, man. Clean and classic. What is that, about six over in the front?

Comment

• BlackCloudSalvage
      • Jan 2015

Thanks dude. Yep...6 over stock length 39mm narrow glide.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Can't beat a late solid mount Evo Sporty for backup since it's a better engine than a Shovel, it's light and agile, and that one came out clean. I like the back half and the headlight bracket.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;