CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 2000 sporty build thread

Picked up a stockish 2000 sportster 883c that came with a 1250 nrhs kit and andrews cams installed along with some hideous kuryakyn shit

Didn't take before pics since the bike was pretty hideous

Will be using this bike as a dd and for longer trips. I'm keeping this one indefinitely so not sparing any expense.

I want this to be a very clean black and chrome bike I can jump on and go wherever I feel like without issue. Not after a questionable sportster powered death trap like I've had in the past.

What I've done so far
    -chopped rear fender and tail light. I didn't go too far with fender so I can throw a sissy bar on the back for longer trips and have room for a seat for girls.
    -added some crappy brake light so I could reuse the stock module for the rear lights I ripped out of the rear tail light. This will change when I feel like redoing the wiring and adding a module to use the stock turns for running/brake lights.
    -removed kuryakyn bs and killed it with fire
    -removed belt guards and painted rear pulley black
    -Changed mirrors to $15 amazon specials and flipped
    -drag bars
    -Added avon air grips(kinda gay looking will be replacing with avon jackhammers/odi vans/biltwell thruster)
    -Removed stock steering stem with idiot lights and speedo mount and relocated speedo to fork with joker machine kit.
    -Installed la choppers +2 steering stem(minor regret since bar adjustments are difficult with the hardware only accessible from beneath the mount)
    -Rattle canned black tins and didn't wet sand and cut/polish so it doesn't look glossy
    -painted fork tubes black
    -Burly slammer -2 drop
    -Changed wheels out to chinesium specials with michelin pilot tires
    -drag specialties rotors
    -ebc sintered pads
    -case mounted lic plate mount
    -joker machine pegs
    -Ordered a mustang seat which looks way to fat but is comfy af will be getting a different seat so I sit in the bike not on top of it(mother road customs)
    -S&S tear drop air cleaner(hits right leg mildly annoying but I've always liked these)
    -led sled chain conversion(installing this weekend)
    -cycle electric regulator
    -one of those gay cowbell looking horn covers(may remove and relocate coil to dr side of engine)
    -removed fender and installed roland sands black tracker fork brace

Things that will probably be happening in the future
    -baker 6 speed
    -All braided stgainless lines
    -braided stainless plug wires
    -led sled kicker
    -paint engine black
    -All new colony chrome plated hardware to get rid of zinc plated rusting hardware
    -Maybe a springer after hardtail?
    -I might go with low profile led turn signals from joker machine.
    -make faster although it does okay with the 1250 kit and cams now.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0793.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	335.6 KB 
ID:	96214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0794.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	324.5 KB 
ID:	96215
    Last edited by West7; 08-10-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

The more I look at the seat the more it bothers me. No ideas what I was thinking when I ordered it.

It is comfy af though

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by West7 View Post
    The more I look at the seat the more it bothers me. No ideas what I was thinking when I ordered it.

It is comfy af though
    There is nothing wrong with that seat...... It fits the look of the bike......

Ride it and enjoy it...........

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    There is nothing wrong with that seat...... It fits the look of the bike......

Ride it and enjoy it...........
    I'm on the fence about it but thanks for the feedback.

I like to sit "in" a bike rather than on top of it which is another reason why I might not be feeling it.

I'll probably keep it until I go rigid.

Get Adobe Flash player

I don't think the seat is THAT bad. I've got at least six seats for rigid mount girl's bikes. From what I've seen, you can have a great looking seat, or you can have a comfortable all-day seat. That one will be nice to have for long trips.

Be careful with black paint. Many a bike has gone from alright to meth bike at the hands of black Krylon.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'll probably keep it until I go rigid.

Sounds like a plan..........

Get Adobe Flash player

Things that will probably be happening in the future -paint engine black
    Yea I missed this....... Don't do it that will be way to much black..........

It looks great just as it is.......

If you want something to fuck with, buy a different bike to tinker with and just ride that one..........

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer View Post
    I don't think the seat is THAT bad. I've got at least six seats for rigid mount girl's bikes. From what I've seen, you can have a great looking seat, or you can have a comfortable all-day seat. That one will be nice to have for long trips.

Be careful with black paint. Many a bike has gone from alright to meth bike at the hands of black Krylon.
    It does feel like I'm riding a recliner down the road which is pretty nice actually.

Just do clarify do you mean don't go overboard with painting things black or don't use shit paint?

Get Adobe Flash player

Just do clarify do you mean don't go overboard with painting things black or don't use shit paint?
    Don't paint anything else with any kind of paint......

Get Adobe Flash player

Personally, I wouldn't make one more thing on that bike black, but that's just me. Ok, maybe the strut covers, but removing them looks better. There was a trend a few years ago where every sportster was a "murdered" "bobber". It can get to looking pretty trashy, pretty quick. Even with the best paint, you could find yourself in the too much black category immediately if you paint the motor. Don't listen to me, but do listen to Tattooo.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    Yea I missed this....... Don't do it that will be way to much black..........

It looks great just as it is.......

If you want something to fuck with, buy a different bike to tinker with and just ride that one..........
    I'm planning on riding the crap out of this one which is why I've only done bolt ons at this point. I have machinery, welders and all the tools so the temptation to fuck with things is pretty strong.

I'm planning on starting to hoard solid mount evo sporties since they're getting hard to find up here and maybe adding a shovel. This is the most not fucked up one I could find and I paid too much for it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hard to find?!?!? Evo Sportsters!?!?!

Come out to the land of milk and honey next time your looking. Ten years ago, in Alberta, you could pick up a mint, unmolested 2000-2003 Sportster (1200) for around $5000, with less than, say, 20000KM. I could rewrite the exact same line, speaking of today. But, I watch Kijiji bikes from BC to Ontario, and you guys do have it worse out there. Maybe one or two pages of bikes a day to our twenty. No shortage of clean rigid mount Sportster in Ontario though.

You probably use Fortnine? They had some fantastic sales on Magnum braided lines when I was needing a brake line. Of course, you may have to take a size up or down.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hard to find?!?!? Evo Sportsters!?!?!

Come out to the land of milk and honey next time your looking. Ten years ago, in Alberta, you could pick up a mint, unmolested 2000-2003 Sportster (1200) for around $5000, with less than, say, 20000KM. I could rewrite the exact same line, speaking of today. But, I watch Kijiji bikes from BC to Ontario, and you guys do have it worse out there. Maybe one or two pages of bikes a day to our twenty. No shortage of clean rigid mount Sportster in Ontario though.

You probably use Fortnine? They had some fantastic sales on Magnum braided lines when I was needing a brake line. Of course, you may have to take a size up or down.
    Hard to find in unmolested low km condition. Couldn't find anything other than overpriced rubber mounts and severely abused and worn out solid mount examples. I'm in Manitoba and this is the nicest one I could find for 6k 15,000 km. I usually go out of province for stuff like this but it just wasn't worth it when we're talking about 2k price difference for a evo sporty.

I'm going to get a few more 00-03s to sit on and fuck with so I don't have to deal with this again.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sounds like a plan.

Let me know if you need any Sportster junk. I've started selling off a bunch of my collection. I've got a lot of parts and a few seats that would look a little cleaner for running around close to home. I've been shipping a fair bit lately, and it's not too bad inside Canada.

Good luck man!

Get Adobe Flash player

Sounds like a plan.

Let me know if you need any Sportster junk. I've started selling off a bunch of my collection. I've got a lot of parts and a few seats that would look a little cleaner for running around close to home. I've been shipping a fair bit lately, and it's not too bad inside Canada.

Good luck man!
    Send me a list if you want. Thanks dude.

Get Adobe Flash player

No worries man, I'l got you something tonight or tomorrow.

Get Adobe Flash player

That seat looks comfortable ....

These seats look killer on the bike, but after 100 miles in the saddle it feels like yo're sitting on a 2X10 board ... !!

Get Adobe Flash player

Those are sharp looking seats, Dragstews. Lot's of nice options in the 04 and up world.

The best compomise I've found is a Lepera Cobra, like this one:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lepera.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	96237
    Comfort is a 7/10 and I'd give the look about the same.

That being said, I spend most of my miles on one of these from Old Gold: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OldGold.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	96238
    Comfort is a 1/10, but looks are a 10/10 to me. I'll use it for anything up to maybe 300 miles in a day. True story, I lent it to a friend to take his girl for a ride. Bike was on struts at the time. She was crying when we got home. Quietly and noble like, but still, it was under a hundred miles.

These Sully's are suprisingly comfortable Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190720_155720.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	96239
    I did 1300 miles in a few days on one, but the look no longer fits my scooter.

Get Adobe Flash player

sent you a PM, West.

Share This