Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stick
    • Oct 2010

Got me another Shovel...

78 Shovel flh in a Tedd Cycle Stright Leg Frame... Built by the Late Bob McKay....
    Pretty Stoked!
    Attached Files
  • BuddhahoodVato
    • Apr 2010

have no idea who Bob M. is, but good looking burner. Congrats.

Comment

• kmanator
      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by BuddhahoodVato
      have no idea who Bob M. is, but good looking burner. Congrats.
      What BHV said..Good luck with it..Enjoy

Comment

• West7
        • Jun 2019

Solid looking ride dude.

I need a shovel in my life. There's just something about a shovel..

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
          • Sep 2013

Sharp looking bike.

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Don't know who he was either, But it is a damn nice looking bike........... He had great taste and a good eye........

Don't fuck it up changing things.......

Comment

• West7
              • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Tattooo
              Don't know who he was either, But it is a damn nice looking bike........... He had great taste and a good eye........

Don't fuck it up changing things.......
              Other than maybe the rotors and some wire wheels.

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by West7
                Other than maybe the rotors and some wire wheels.
                WHY?????????

But yes I know those are late model wheels...... But they still look good on that bike....

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

By the way how its it titled??????

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
                    • Sep 2013

I think those mags look really good on there. "Tough", as they say.

Comment

• West7
                      • Jun 2019

On second thought the mags do suit it. I'd still chuck the rotors for something else though.

Those stock style rotors look hideous imo. They're always one of the first things to go for me.

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer
                        I think those mags look really good on there. "Tough", as they say.
                        Yep like I said the builder had a great eye.....

Some people can't help it they just have to change something on a bike that they just bought....... To make it {there's} as they call it......

I say if you want a bike that's yours build it from scratch......

Comment

• Tattooo
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by West7
                          Those stock style rotors look hideous imo. They're always one of the first things to go for me.
                          I wouldn't say they are hideous but they aren't pretty...... The bad thing is there isn't a lot to chose from that aren't hideous on a late model bike......

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                            • Dec 2017

Had to look him up:

BOB MCKAY (1952 - 2019)
                            MASTER BIKE BUILDER

Bob’s Career in custom motorcycles began in 1969. He started his apprenticeship at a Honda Dealership in the early 70’s but quickly moved on to Harleys and custom motorcycles running Bob’s Custom Cycle through the mid 70’s. Throughout Bob’s career he has worked in almost all aspects of the motorcycle industry from parts manager and service manager for a multi-line dealership to owning and operating his own custom shop as well as 18 years as the owner of his own dealership.

Bob Mckay’s Harley Davidson in Ontario Canada. Through these years Bob has taught the trade to many young apprentices, some of which are very successful with their own shops in Canada such as Glenn Yard , Glenn’s Cycle Works, Greg Taylor, GT Cycle and Ryan Robinson, RNR Custom Cycle.
                            Bob sold his dealership 2002 and went back to where he started with his renamed custom shop that he has run since 1973, now Mckay’s Cycle Creations.
                            In 1996 Bob began designing a variety of parts and accessories for such companies as Custom Chrome, Drag Specialties and Sumax. Along with this he has been featured in over 100 magazines worldwide. Some notable examples are VQ Master Builder and two Easyrider three part features on Worlds First Twin Cam Chopper and First V-Rod Custom.

He has written a variety of tech articles for Hot Bike and Canadian Biker Magazines and competed in and won the Televised Canadian Biker Build Off Series 1 and 2.
                            Bob’s charitable acts include sponsoring a Major Junior Hockey Team, donating his time to Motorcycle Experience TV show to do a series on motorcycle customizing and a segment from the Rats Hole Show in Daytona about the Worlds Influence on American custom motorcycles.

He has raised funds for Participation Lodge which is a full time live in facility for challenged or handicapped adults. Being a member of the “Hamsters” Bob is involved in raising money for Children’s Care Hospitals in South Dakota which totalled $291,000 last year and $185,000 the year before.
                            Bob adopted the Bernice MacNaughton High School’s Bike Klub program run by Marc Mazerolle and supports it by donating his time and expertise to help the students learn the motorcycle trade. He is active in helping with a Canadian Military Riding Club “The Cav” in his city of Kingston Ontario. This group is dedicate to helping Veterans and their families. His most recent endeavour was accepting the appointment to be the IMBBA representative for Canada assisting other bike builders from Canada in achieving Motorcycle Certifications and training. Bob also being a certified Master Judge is helping to organize IMBBA sanctioned Motorcycle Shows in Canada.
                            If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Tattooo
                              • Sep 2012

^^^^^^ He sounds like a good man.....^^^^^^^^ That's an even more of a reason to leave the bike as he built it.......

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;