Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GSBobber1980
    • Aug 2017

Anyone deal with Factory Metal Works?

I ordered their Triumph OIF hardtail kit and it shipped 11 days ago or their email said it did. I live 12 hours away from them. I waited several days just to ask for the Fed Ex tracking number.

I gave the guy my order number and he read off my email back to me and said he’d send the tracking number later that day. It’s now FIVE DAYS LATER and I’ve since emailed them three times and called by phone four more times and they don’t answer.

Today’s call was telling them I’m about to do a charge-back on my card unless they respond to my emails. I really don’t care if it gets here in 5 days or two weeks but no one there will pick up or in the off-chance they do pick up (once) they don’t do what the told me “to my face” they would.

They haven’t answered their phone in three days. I 100% truthfully have gotten better service and response from Chinese and Taiwanese companies ordering little trinkets than from Factory Metal Works.

So far everything is fact and I haven’t messed with their name or reputation but I’m not far away.
  • GSBobber1980
    • Aug 2017

Update 8/9/2019

I called again this morning. I think it’s the 6th call. Got an answer and an apology and he was familiar with my issue. He made a promise to get the tracking number sent to me. Said he’d been traveling a lot last few days. I’m perfectly willing to accept “everybody’s human” so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
    Last edited by GSBobber1980; 08-09-2019, 9:32 AM.

Comment

• AbbandonZK
      • Oct 2017

He's on my list and not the good one.

I ordered a sissy bar at the beginning of December and he sent a shipment sent email a few days later. I used paypal to pay so I had time in-case he didn't produce the goods to file a claim. Come mid December I'm wondering where my goods are. I get the run around " My buddy makes that product", "I got a few coming in at the end of the week I get them sent out". Come Mid January I drop a claim on him and I give him the ultimatum "Send my stuff out tomorrow or give me a refund." I get no response for a week and I escalate for pay-pal to come in. Another week goes buy and I finally get a notice from FEDEX to expect a shipment. Come February, on delivery day my shipment doesn't get delivered. Absolutely no packing material was used to ship the bar and It shot out of the box in the drivers truck. I call paypal because In addition to the bar I ordered there were supposed to be mounting tabs which FEDEX could not find in the truck. Paypal tells me to refuse delivery because I would have to open another claim for the extra missing items. The bar got sent back to him and I got a paypal refund by mid February.

Dude stalled out my build for 3 months completely unforgivable. I don't recommend waiting for your goods as on his facebook reviews, another person made that mistake and didn't see anything.

Comment

• GSBobber1980
        • Aug 2017

Wow, that’s SUCKS. I’m going away for a few days and it better be here when I get back. After your post, I’m not very hopeful. I’ll have zero issue flaming away everywhere I can if my order goes that way.

Comment

• GSBobber1980
          • Aug 2017

Ok, two MORE days go by after they promised to have my Fed Ex tracking number emailed to me and NOTHING.

You know it’s be a whole different story if I got my stuff and I kept promising I’d pay up and didn’t.

I fucking HATE being screwed over or held up with about 10 opportunities for them to tell me “it’s gonna be three weeks” or whatever. Just tell me the fucking truth, tell me you forgot, tell me you made a mistake. Anything but lie and tell me it shipped when it didn’t or that you have a tracking number but don’t. I’m an adult here. And I ordered from these guys because I assume they’re a low-volume company that makes some beautiful bikes. I just want to trade my money for the product I told was on its way, nothing more.
          Last edited by GSBobber1980; 08-11-2019, 3:07 PM.

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

I'd do a chargeback.

BTW the OIF frames were known for cracking near the base of the backbone tube and pissing oil (as mine did) and are not desirable compared to pre-OIF models If I had to use the portion of the neck for the VIN I'd weld/blend it on another frame, in your case an aftermarket rigid which look much more chopulent than OIF. Trackmaster who Triumph copied cared about quality but that era at Triumph ain't famous for anything good.

Google "OIF triumph frame cracks" for more.

Alternate option, reinforce the area before it cracks which may suit your needs better.

Alternate prettiest no-weld option, aftermarket rigid with MSO and special construction title.
            Last edited by farmall; 08-11-2019, 3:31 PM.

Comment

• GSBobber1980
              • Aug 2017

Thank you for the advice!

However, I don’t have a Triumph OIF frame at all. I just ordered their kit for the 1/2” thick 7/8” axle plates and the dimensions of the other pieces of the kit. I’m actually using it on a Suzuki. (And the price was killer too!)
              Last edited by GSBobber1980; 08-11-2019, 5:17 PM.

Comment

• GSBobber1980
                • Aug 2017

Well, it’s been 17 days since my email saying “your order has been shipped” and NOTHING.

I got through to the company on the 11th. Guy wasn’t happy I called on a Sunday even though it was the only number on their website to call. Anyway, he answered and told me he was the guy who bent it up and boxed it. He had no answer why FedEx has it (for two weeks at that point) and I’m only 12 hours away. After THREE promises to get me a FedEx tracking number, NOTHING.

He eventually said, after me telling him I can’t understand how FexEx could just be sitting on my package he got frustrated and told me I’d not only be getting my kit but also getting a full refund. So now I got the refund email and FIVE MORE DAYS and still no package.

What do I have to do to get a simple fucking order sent to me? I’ll update this thread if I actually get what I ordered but don’t anyone hold their breath.

I have no idea if this is how these guys usually operate but so far, it SUCKS. I’m not EVER out to harm a small shops reputation which is why noting but God’s honest truth has been written here.

Comment

• bobberadam
                  • Jan 2011

I think you are doing the right thing, you waited longer than i think was fair to put it out on the interwebs. This is total bullshit, I agree support the small guys trying to do their thing, but there is a lot of other small businesses that you can support that will actually do what they say. I can say after this I will never be ordering from them. Like you said just be honest and get me my shit when you say... For the time being, fuck these guys.

Comment

• GSBobber1980
                    • Aug 2017

Thanks for that, seriously. I like to know I’m not being too demanding.

Comment

• GSBobber1980
                      • Aug 2017

You almost have to laugh:

Last edited by GSBobber1980; 08-17-2019, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• ugotbit
                        • Sep 2012

Wow man, this sucks to hear. I made many purchases from them during my Triumph build and never had any issues. I see in their site many of their products are listed as “sold out” I wonder if they are on the way out?

Sucks, stuff was always good quality.

Sorry for your troubles, hope you get your stuff!

Comment

• GSBobber1980
                          • Aug 2017

I may be ordering from TCBros. Although they won’t swap out axle plates and are forcing me to spend an additional $40 or so for the axle plates I want so I’m not sure if I’ll do it.

Maybe DeVille Cycles wants my current and future business.
                          Last edited by GSBobber1980; 08-19-2019, 7:31 PM.

Comment

• kendall666
                            • Oct 2011

I ordered a kickstand tab from them and it took forever, also had to call multiple times and email a bunch too. Some story of them being sold out and having to make it, after it was stated it shipped. I did eventually receive it but man it took some work that I wasn't interested in doing. I'd probably avoid ordering from them again.

Comment

• GSBobber1980
                              • Aug 2017

Wow, so pretty much the same thing. I’m hesitating ordering another kit from someone else in case this thing miraculously shows up on my steps.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;