Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unklebuck
    • Sep 2017

First build, Ultima frame Evo Drive wiring question HELP

Building a Bobber with 1993 Evo Drive Train. Need a wiring guru’s help with the ignition system. Stock coil is dual fire, stock sensor plate. What is the easiest way/ bare bones way to wire?? Should I use after market ignition system? Is there a way to illuminate an ignition module??? Remember this is my first build, I’m a little ignorant!
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Time to read MANY WIRING THREADS because info is power. Skip any non-functional wiring and go minimalist while learning. Post pics of what you what you have.

Any ignition will work but intended use matters. Modules take more, but not much, space and you already own one.

Start a build thread to centralize all your posts and advice as a record.

Comment

• JBinNC
      • Dec 2018

With an evo, you can back up and go primitive with a mechanical advance unit and points, or a mechanical advance unit with an electronic pickup like the Dyna S. Or you can stay with the full electronic ignition with programmed advance like you have now. There are full electronic units that fit in the cam cover where your pickup now is, and that eliminates the separate module. With any of the full electronic units, I think it is advantageous to keep the stock VOES switch, but that does complicate the wiring by two more wires.

For my own evo, I use the Dyna S and a mechanical advance unit, because I kick it regularly .

Yer choice. My 2c,
      Jim

Comment

• unklebuck
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by farmall
        Time to read MANY WIRING THREADS because info is power. Skip any non-functional wiring and go minimalist while learning. Post pics of what you what you have.

Any ignition will work but intended use matters. Modules take more, but not much, space and you already own one.

Start a build thread to centralize all your posts and advice as a record.
        So here’s what I wired, coming out of sensor plate... Black wire to ground, Red and Green wires to coil. Result no spark. Is that correct?

Comment

• unklebuck
          • Sep 2017

So here’s what I wired, coming out of sensor plate... Black wire to ground, Red and Green wires to coil. Result no spark. Is that correct?

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

What does your service manual schematic say? I don't memorize most of that stuff and don't know what module you have. The Carl Salter site has many HD manuals and parts books for download. Ultima tech info lives here. http://www.ultimaproducts.com/#

I just got home from having my shoulder joint replaced so am not mobile enough to dig thru my literature but another 33er likelyhas the info. Post pics of your ignition parts.

Comment

• unklebuck
              • Sep 2017

Click image for larger version

Name:	9B797B15-CFCC-4217-B6F1-B6A9FEE40B73.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	1312483Click image for larger version

Name:	12B016F4-9FFD-4DE2-B11B-8E0B4D784B10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1312484Click image for larger version