CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thank you sir. will see if someone can confirm this conclusion at HD
    The drawing confirms it by showing the part and location (nomenclature isn't always function, it should have been called a spacer) and PVC spring spacers have been used to set spring preload long before Evo engines existed. Progressive includes them in many HD kits.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....ORK%20ASSEMBLY
    Last edited by farmall; 08-08-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    The drawing confirms it by showing the part and location (nomenclature isn't always function, it should have been called a spacer) and PVC spring spacers have been used to set spring preload long before Evo engines existed. Progressive includes them in many HD kits.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....ORK%20ASSEMBLY
    you are 100% correct. Parts worker at HD also confirmed this for me. Thank you all for the generous feedback.

The total for the fork cap, oil lock, both springs and damper rod was $133 at the HD here in north Texas. Granted, the part man, and the diagram says that there are two damper rods in my fork assembly. We'll see if the cartridge side has a damper rod in it. If so, then i can return the damper rod. Also might be able to use the same fork cap, and oil lock, but i bought them just to be safe because i can return them without a restocking fee because they aren't a special order. I'd rather have all parts that may be needed since they need to be ordered, then to take it all apart and get stopped by an oil lock.

I'll be taking it apart once HD calls and lets me know that they've arrived.

Should I use the pre-existing spacer AND the spacer included in the TC bros +8 kit, or just the TC bros spacer?

Get Adobe Flash player

I'd ask TC Bros! Not enough people use tech support but makers want happy customers.

FINAL UPDATE!

+8" tubes are on and working perfectly! Buying the internals needed that matched the right side to make it non-cartridge was a success. tubes were easy. The only road block was getting the oil screw out from the bottom of the fork. No impact wrench could get it out, so I drilled them both out.

I also just threw the spacer provided in the kit into the fork and it works enough, but it would run a lot better with longer spacers for preload.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190829_170430.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	295.3 KB 
ID:	96780

Name:	20190829_170447.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	297.6 KB 
ID:	96781

Name:	20190829_193029.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	300.0 KB 
ID:	96782

Get Adobe Flash player

Glad to see you got it on the road, man. Looks cool to me.

Share This