Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firstripholdmybeer
    • Apr 2018

Lee pedal as shifter, can it be done?

I just got my mousetrap and linkage in and I've been wondering if running a Lee style pedal as the shifter is a possibility? Has anyone done this and what did you use as your linkage setup? I'm going to be running a ratchet top with an old pan primary tin
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by firstripholdmybeer
    I just got my mousetrap and linkage in and I've been wondering if running a Lee style pedal as the shifter is a possibility? Has anyone done this and what did you use as your linkage setup? I'm going to be running a ratchet top with an old pan primary tin
    Have you seen a Lee's shifter?????? Do you understand what it does????

But I guess I should ask.... Post a pic of the Lee shifter your looking at....... People might call things differently........

So your running a hand or a foot clutch?????? Yes I know you bought a mousetrap....... I'm thinking you don't need everything your buying.........

Comment

• Dragstews
      • Sep 2010

Last edited by Dragstews; 08-05-2019, 4:28 PM.
      Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Nanonevol
        • Feb 2017

Google so helpful.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Lee Pedal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1312419

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dragstews

Yea I know you and I know what they look like I was wondering if he did??????????

Comment

• Dragstews
            • Sep 2010

Think it looks a lot better than what Harley was using for a shift lever ....
            Nets a much cleaner look than Oem of the day ...

Works dang good as a shifter on my scooter ...
            Last edited by Dragstews; 08-05-2019, 7:44 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

I agree, It looks very nice,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
                • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Tattooo
                Have you seen a Lee's shifter?????? Do you understand what it does????

But I guess I should ask.... Post a pic of the Lee shifter your looking at....... People might call things differently........

So your running a hand or a foot clutch?????? Yes I know you bought a mousetrap....... I'm thinking you don't need everything your buying.........
                I've seen pictures but never in action. I was hoping to do hand clutch, but I'm open to doing a foot and forgetting the mousetrap until a future build (a buddy gave me it so I'm not pressed to put it to use right away).

I'm guessing the Lee style pedals only push forward? otherwise, if it moves down and up, I don't see why fabbing it to foot shift would be a issue?

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
                  • Apr 2018

Works dang good as a shifter on my scooter ...

they look great that's why I want to use one! I've never rode a jockey shift, easy to get used to?

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

I've never rode a jockey shift, easy to get used to?
                    It all depends............

Comment

• Dragstews
                      • Sep 2010

I just got my mousetrap and linkage in and I've been wondering if running a Lee style pedal as the shifter is a possibility?
                      If ya got this ^^ won't be a Jockey shift....
                      But running a Lee's as a foot-shift would be tricked out ....

Fella out in Co. re-pops them out of brass and has them chromed ....
                      Does a really fine job of making them to look like the real deal ...

Rick (303-433-8785)
                      Last edited by Dragstews; 08-06-2019, 5:53 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

Yep hence my question above........

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
                          • Apr 2018

But running a Lee's as a foot-shift would be tricked out ....

Fella out in Co. re-pops them out of brass and has them chromed ....
                          Does a really fine job of making them to look like the real deal ...

Rick (303-433-8785)
                          I think I'm going to give jockey shift a try. I like the simplicity of not having both levers and look fun to ride. thanks for the contact Dragstews I'll give him a ring

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

I think I'm going to give jockey shift a try. I like the simplicity of not having both levers and look fun to ride.
                            Yes they can be fun to ride..... I've enjoyed it for many many years.....

One thing that I always tell people that want to go to a Jockey........ Before you start swapping things over on the bike you have now when you ride..... Every time and I mean every time you stop you have to put down your right foot not your left....... Keep your left foot on your peg..... No exceptions..... See how you like it......

Best of luck.......
                            Last edited by Tattooo; 08-08-2019, 2:27 PM.

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
                              • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Tattooo
                              Yes they can be fun to ride..... I've enjoyed it for many many years.....

One thing that I always tell people that want to go to a Jockey........ Before you start swapping things over on the bike you have now when you ride..... Every time and I mean every time you stop you have to put down your right foot not your left....... Keep your left foot on your peg..... No exceptions..... See how you like it......

Best of luck.......

Thanks Tattooo, I was wondering about that. I've been doing some reconsidering and still haven't made my mind up. I live near the Sierras where you can come across roadwork, stoplights/signs, etc..all on an steeper inclines. I'm not running a front brake, so that makes for another huge challenge when having jockey. I guess I could bump it into neutral, but then there's being able to shift to first and keep my rear brake pressed to add to it.

I'm going to try and figure out a way to make this Lee pedal work as a normal clutch pedal would. Luckily I have a fab buddy wanting to do the same setup so maybe we can figure something out. I'll definitely be posting about it if it works so others can give it a try.
                              Last edited by firstripholdmybeer; 08-16-2019, 9:52 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;