Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1369ftw
    • Apr 2024

Originally posted by datadavid
    Are you writing in that big font because you have trouble seeing what you write otherwise? I wish i knew how to make the big big letters.��
    when you post after font there is a size. this is size 5 its html bb code

not sure what slipper design to use, bike or atv. I'll figure it out.

Comment

• Skjoll
      • Oct 2018

I'm surprised to hear that the 360's design had failures because they seemed to be damned reliable, at least until the late 90s when I owned my last one. The 350s, on the other hand, were a bad design from the get-go.

For my 360 with a 'hot' motor (yea I know, sounds laughable) I stripped the OEM slipper of the hard rubber face it had and bonded a slab of delrin to the spring steel backing plate and filed the delrin down to the appropriate size. Even in the 90s I questioned the integrity of the >20 year old OEM hard rubber face on the slipper and used a more modern alternative. Again, I'm surprised to hear that a slipper with a spring steel backing plate can snap.
      Last edited by Skjoll; 07-31-2019, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Skjoll
        • Oct 2018

Originally posted by 1369ftw
        does not look interesting. changed out 3 of them already. its a an awful design. saw this idler chain roller. could not be too hard to mount onto the inside of the cylinder

I would suggest against reverting back to an old style cam chain tensioner with an idler sprocket. That was a common point of failure with the 350 and is why Honda gave the 360 a more modern slipper design.

Comment

• datadavid
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by 1369ftw
          when you post after font there is a size. this is size 5 its html bb code

not sure what slipper design to use, bike or atv. I'll figure it out.
          Cool

Comment

• ftw1369
            • Apr 2024

did not make it to winter. slipper broke after two weeks. got a modern slipper fit it with a grinder. kz440 slipper actually fit easily. big difference. the kz440 slipper is tough piece of kit. how did I figure out a kz440 slipper would work. I eyeballed it from ebay pics. the human eye is under rated. it was slightly too long. cut it about an inch shorter. made 2 brackets to fit it to the honda. bolts up to the existing mounts. made a modern busa style tensioner from a 10mmx1.0 bolt and a piece of scrap. total cost $15 for a used kz440 slipper, cam chain master link #219, $6. been a nightmare with this bike, glad it's over. had enough of the old slipper to make the guide. one hit with a hammer and cut with a grinder to fit. happy as a clam. like riding a different bike. idles like a sewing machine.

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

Nice work!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;