Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zedrx
    • Jul 2019

'77 Shovelhead speedo drive options

Looking for alternatives for the front hub speedo drive on a 77 shovelhead. My bike has had a dual disk front end installed and there is no room for the speedo drive. I have heard of people milling the trans and installing the needed gears for a trans driven speedo but that seems like a costly adventure. There is a kit to relocate the speedo drive to the rear wheel for softails but I'm not sure if I can make that work on this bike. Any suggestions?
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

Dual disc front ends used a front wheel speedo drive, so there is room for the correct one.

Jim

Comment

• Jakerz
      • Mar 2019

If you really want to get fancy you can go with a gauge from Speedhut, it uses GPS so there is no "drive" unit needed and you can also get one with a tach and just splice into the coil wire.

The Ultimate Aftermarket Automotive Gauges For Any Vehicle. Shop our huge selection of high-performance and customizable gauges - backed by a Lifetime Warranty!

Its kinda pricey but they're really nice, my dad put one on his '06 Dyna and it worked great.

Jake

Comment

• DustyDave
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

GPS bicycle computer-speedos are the coming rage and cheap. I saw several at the Raton meet last weekend
        Dusty
        Driving that train, high on cocaine
        Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
        Trouble ahead, trouble behind
        And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;