Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cimino289
    • Sep 2018

FXR Oil Leak and an interesting story

Hey guys had an interesting ride the other day figured I’d share. So I was riding my 92 FXR low rider to the local hang out spot and the second I parked the bike it started dripping oil, and after a while a good sized puddle formed. Well my buddies there had a lift and since it was dripping off the bottom of the primary we pulled it off to check the gasket and everything and all came back okay. So we reassembled it and as we were doing it I looked up at the sight glass on the oil bag. We had found the source. When the bike was straight up and down on the lift it wouldn’t leak, but when placed on the kick stand you could see it leak a slow steady stream. Well a plastic part finally failed after nearly 30 years what can I say. Ram Jet made an aluminum and glass replacement that screws right in so my bike is grounded til that part comes in. Just figured I’d share
  • 1954bmw
    • Mar 2015

Hate to sound stupid, but, have an 85 FXR and built a Chopper Guys FXR with stock oil tank and don't know what sight glass you are talking about???

Comment

• hillcat
      • Mar 2015

That's an aftermarket option.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Let us know the quality of the Ramjet sight glass after it arrives. Due to the goofy FXR tank design a sight glass is a smart upgrade for those without the flip up seats or who bolt their seats down.

Comment

• Cimino289
          • Sep 2018

So earlier FXR’s have no sight glass in the oil tanks where as later production models 92,93,94 had a sight glass. I’ll give a report on how the ramjet option does when I get it. I actually have a flip up seat so the glass is kinda redundant but I’d like to be able to ride my bike without it pouring oil lol.
          Last edited by Cimino289; 07-17-2019, 2:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...