CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Neewbie need help electrical wire color

Hey guys i need advice for my modification i have a 2018 suzuki vanvan and i changed the rear stopping light, the thing is the oem wire was white, black, grey and the after market light was black red and yellow. At first i tried the black/black , white/red, yellow/grey. The light was on but nothing happened when i was braking so i tried black/black , red /grey , yellow/white but now everything works but when i brake the lighr is not realy bright, i dont have alot of experience with that can you help me ? I put a picture of the current setup.Thanks !!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B0EB91AE-BD17-41B6-903A-8D9C9780D053.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	95524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAC78E6C-F258-4AA0-8679-7ACDE914513E.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	95525
    Last edited by math97; 07-08-2019 at 6:10 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks like a fun retro machine but since it's not a classic or common chopper base bike you'll likely have much better luck on dedicated Suzuki forums finding a wiring schematic to show the functions of the original wires.

I strongly recommend buying or downloading (check Suzuki forums for links) a factory service manual. They're a great educational tool and save you much more than they cost.

Get Adobe Flash player

You need a volt ohm meter. You cannot see electrons but you can measure them.

Black,red,yellow. Black is ground.
    White, black ,grey. Black is ground.

If you had connected black to red or yellow it would blow a fuse. You were lucky.

Ground wire, Wire with 12V, Wire with 12V when you put on the rear brake or front brake.

SamHain

A lot of the lights I run white ends up being ground, none of that really matters just test them and mark them.

Test tailight on a battery, dull is running, bright is brake, ground is the one that makes those work. test bike wires with a volt meter or test light, brake gets brake hot, running is hot, ground lights to battery+. Hook em up. Sounds like you just have brake and running reversed.

Share This