CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Replaced the plugs today. Runs 10x better. Had a pair of autolites in it, the front cylinder was black, but dry. The rear was a light brown/gray, and was dry as well. I replaced them with a set of NGKs, as that's all I use in all my vehicles. It got rid of the stumble when you first got on the throttle, and feels like a totally different machine.

Tire will be here tomorrow. Shinko 777 HD Wide Whitewall. I'll go have it put on the rim Tuesday when I don't work.

Piece by piece, it's slow, but it's a Harley. Worth taking my time to do it all right. I'll be trying to find a new rear wheel once I get a bit more dough saved up, then a front wheel and tire, and then I'll start all the aesthetics. Deluxe tail light, new chrome.

I did get a new solo seat! And for my favorite price: FREE!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190915_165954.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	321.1 KB 
ID:	97169

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Looking very nice so far..... Glad it's running better........

I never liked autolite plugs anyways...... I put that there for Jim,,,,,,,, LOL

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by WidesWhitesAndCholos View Post
    Replaced the plugs today. Runs 10x better. Had a pair of autolites in it, the front cylinder was black, but dry. The rear was a light brown/gray, and was dry as well. I replaced them with a set of NGKs, as that's all I use in all my vehicles. It got rid of the stumble when you first got on the throttle, and feels like a totally different machine.

Tire will be here tomorrow. Shinko 777 HD Wide Whitewall. I'll go have it put on the rim Tuesday when I don't work.

Piece by piece, it's slow, but it's a Harley. Worth taking my time to do it all right. I'll be trying to find a new rear wheel once I get a bit more dough saved up, then a front wheel and tire, and then I'll start all the aesthetics. Deluxe tail light, new chrome.

I did get a new solo seat! And for my favorite price: FREE!

Name:	20190915_165954.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	321.1 KB 
ID:	97169
    I knew you would get another seat. Feels like you and the bike are one doesn't it ?

Looking good, better than before. Shopping for bargains only leads to swap meets and all the dirty smelly bikers. BEWARE lol.

Still here! With working at a Grocery store during all this madness, it's nuts! Good news is the next few weeks I get a $2/hr bump, plus I have the option to work 40 hour weeks since school is out.

Might have a deal worked out on a front wheel, hubcap, and tire.

Even after sitting for months, a 'lil bit of choke, and she fires right up. Sounds great too.

Whatever dough I can stash away will "finish" off the bike. New wheel for the rear, all the chrome bits, maybe a proper front line kit If I manage to save that much.

After that, Just ride. Hopefully All this is done by the end of April, Mid-May at the latest.

Oh! I did get these Senior Pics done with her. I think they turned out well.

Name:	received_2294584950842243.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	101535

Name:	received_172406653730527.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	101536

And here's a Family Photo of My Uncle's, Mine, and My Father's bike. A family that rides together stays together!

Name:	20190929_124552.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	305.4 KB 
ID:	101537

Used my Bonus to go buy this wheel From Facebook Marketplace. I got the Wheel, Hubcap, Rotor, and like-new Dunlop for 100 buckaroos! This is after cleaning it up with some wheel cleaner.

Name:	20200402_140402.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	305.4 KB 
ID:	101605

Also went ahead and ordered a new rear wheel from KC International, and a set of bearings for the front wheel, since the wheel is off an '05, I had to get some bearings to fit the 3/4" axle of the older bike.

Name:	20200402_140910.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	278.2 KB 
ID:	101606

So now I have new wheels and tires. Should look quite a bit better!

Get Adobe Flash player

All good progress - the family's rides show class!

Get Adobe Flash player

I owned the same bike as you, mine was a heritage, the same exact colors, keep that bike, there evo,s

Got the new bearings in today. Getting the old ones out was a major PITA. But it's done.

Now just waiting on my Uncle to bring the jack back so I cam put it on. Also waiting on the new rear wheel to get here so I can have it mounted with the tire.

Now that it's ridable, safely, I can reroute the money towards other aspects of the bike. New chrome and stuff. It should look nice.
    Last edited by WidesWhitesAndCholos; 04-05-2020 at 3:01 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm sure it will!

Update! Some new parts came in. Take-Off Harley Mirrors, Trigger style levers, a new shift lever, and a set of the proper valve stems for the wheels. I'm off tomorrow so I'll probably slap it all on in the morning.

Name:	20200420_214206.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	102387

Get Adobe Flash player

Well done! You have a nice ride you can enjoy for a lifetime.

Get Adobe Flash player

WHat all do you need yet or are you looking for? I can go through my parts horde for ya to see if there is anything I can send you for your efforts

Quote Originally Posted by misfitJason View Post
    WHat all do you need yet or are you looking for? I can go through my parts horde for ya to see if there is anything I can send you for your efforts
    Thanks for the offer, but I've got most of what I need now! Only things I'm struggling to find are belt guards for a decent price, a sprocket cover, and a fork cover, since mine was dented by the previous owner.

I also haven't been able to find a 4" stretch rear fender without the saddle bag fillets. I'll probably just end up making my own.

It's coming together slowly but surely.

Finally got the wheels and tires done and cleaned. My switches came in, and they're horrendous. So now I have to fight with the seller about getting an exchange or refund. Which is only made harder by this "pandemic" bull.

Just gotta look forward to the light at the end of the tunnel! I'll have a decent bike in the end, and then I can work on getting a legit chopper.

Name:	20200512_191615.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	293.2 KB 
ID:	103400

Share This